New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Got bagged tonight.....

Old 09-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got bagged tonight.....

Whats up guys.....

Well, it had to happen sometime....

After 4 years of a clean record, I got bagged last night on the LIE, speeding,
doing 80 in a 50. Worst of all, got bagged by that f*cking cab! Happened between the Kissena Blvd. exit and Utopia Prkwy exit......

I wasnt even rippin it, I was crusing to Long Island to drop a good friend of mine off.

Anyway, I need help.....

Everything seems to be right on the ticket, but 2 things are a little off...
First of all, the model of the car is not on the ticket.
Second, The officer checked off SEDAN on it. (I was in my s2k)

Anyway, any advice on what I should do....

I can post a pic of the ticket if necessary.

Thanks for the help guys.....

Old 09-23-2003, 04:34 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that's just a myth if the officer has to write everything down. If I was you I would drive down to the DMV in Whitestone, there are always a bunch of lawyers just waiting around. Ask them their opinion and if they think you have a shot to contest the ticket. If they do pay them to help you out. In my experience they are pretty straightforward.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that bro. when i got cought for drag racing i went back to the station talked to the cop addmitted i was wrong that i didnt want a bad record and what he might do for u is make u pay the fines but drop the points. ask him if he can do u that favor. hopefully he wont be a dick about it. good luck man.
ariel
Old 09-23-2003, 06:22 AM

Dave, Im so sorry to hear that...was he on the side of the LIE? if so, he was waiting to bag a "racer" I think cops get commended on that back at the station.

Hopefully, this works out.....i think u can fight it, but its a good idea to check with a lawyer first.

Good luck!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:02 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Understand something folks there is no plea bargaining in NYC. You are either guilty or not guilty. So check with a traffic lawyer see if they think you have a case. If not take the defensive driving course to lower your points.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:05 AM

ouch.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NFRs2000NYC
Whats up guys.....

Well, it had to happen sometime....

After 4 years of a clean record, I got bagged last night on the LIE, speeding,
Old 09-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea....I think im kinda screwed on this one......I dont think I can get out of it.....Dan is right, there is no pleabargaining.....Ill just do what all my friends do...postpone it 3-4 times,(which is like 3-4 years) and hope the cop wont show.

Soph, the "cop" was crusing in the right lane doing like 30......I should have known to be suspect of a nyc cab doing 30mph

This happened on the eastbound side of the LIE. As soon as I passed him, he just turned on his sirens. I didnt even pull over right away because I was in the left lane and he was in the right lane, and he never got behind me. Really weird. So I wasnt sure if he was chasing me or not. Overall, sh*tty night, I think I would have felt better getting like a 135mph speeding ticket when I meant to speed than one like this....just normal driving.....sux a$$.

To add salt to the wound....a friend on mine was doing 127 on franny lew (by the school, that long stretch (on a Bike --R6--)flew by a cop, a few lights down the road, two patty wagons standing across the blvd. nose to nose, stop him, 7 cops surround him, scare him a little AND LET HIM GO!!!!

Oh welll...lesson learned....BE CAREFUL OF SLOW MOVING TAXI CABS!
Old 09-23-2003, 09:30 AM

damn bro, that sux ass. Welcome to my world of cops I guess . Ya, didnt I just tell u a lil while ago about the taxi cops and the maxima cops? O well. Try and goto the station that the cops is at and try to plea with him. Then take it to court if he doesnt drop it and try to get it reduced some more. You may think that this is nothing, but trust me. If you get any other ticket of any sort, you wont be able to do anything about them because of this one smearing your record. It's well worth the hasle.

lol.....your friend wit the R6 is crazy . Not to mention lucky cause that should be some jail time and a half.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:08 PM

ok i knew abotu the taxi cops..but MAXIMA cops??????? WHAT????

btw...i got stopped on LIE around exit 41 89/55...oops...but they took it down to tailgating which is 4 points...but then again i am a girl
i wish u luck!

Quick Reply: Got bagged tonight.....