New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Got away from speeding ticket

Old 05-10-2008, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i get pulled over i always turn off my ignition, put the keys on the top or dash (if top is up or down), and show my hands before the cop approaches me so he has reassurance that he's got complete control over the situation...then he usually asks me (been pulled over much?) LOL that's when i tell him no officer i have alot of nypd, nassau, and suffolk friends and they tell me that's the best way to make an officer feel comfortable when pulling motorists over
Old 05-10-2008, 09:20 AM

this makes me so much better to know

you got like 5 pba cards and you wont share one with me. thanks dood
Old 05-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by gotOaks,May 10 2008, 05:16 AM
Officer: Please slow down. Okay??

Oaks: wow yes sir, i am so sorry. I was just really tired and wanted to get home so i can crash.
Never eva eva eva use this phrase with a cop!

Good Save

I was talking to Bill yesterday about taking the parkway or LIE to him and which way I would avoid more cops- I was thinking southern state he said the LIE is best- one point for Bill- What sucks is I live in Westchester, NY so its a pain when you get a ticket in LI and have to go to carajo land to fight it, last ticket I got was in another members car and it took 3 trips because the court was so busy they kept adjourning for over 2 years- for a loud exhaust-
Old 05-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the future, stop admitting your crimes. When he asks for your documentation, give it him, and thats it.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,May 10 2008, 01:39 PM
In the future, stop admitting your crimes. When he asks for your documentation, give it him, and thats it.

I know someone who said to the officer, "Damn, this is the second time I got pulled over this week!"

It was also the second ticket he got that week.
Yeah, he's not the sharpest crayon in the box.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,May 10 2008, 12:39 PM

can't agree with you more...when i went to suffolk for a moving violation this officer was quoting EVERYTHING that the motorist was saying that night they got pulled over

i'm coming from........
i'm going to........
speed limit is 55 etc
i was going 55 etc
etc etc

pretty much don't incriminate yourself by talking too much cause in the end it'll all be quoted by the officer when you show up to court
Old 05-10-2008, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by RunUrAss,May 10 2008, 12:17 PM
when i get pulled over i always turn off my ignition, put the keys on the top or dash (if top is up or down), and show my hands before the cop approaches me so he has reassurance that he's got complete control over the situation...then he usually asks me (been pulled over much?) LOL that's when i tell him no officer i have alot of nypd, nassau, and suffolk friends and they tell me that's the best way to make an officer feel comfortable when pulling motorists over
I do the same exact thing... turn the car off, put the keys on the dash, and put my hands on top of the steering wheel. Works like a charm.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,May 10 2008, 12:51 PM
I do the same exact thing... turn the car off, put the keys on the dash, and put my hands on top of the steering wheel. Works like a charm.
Had a suffolk cop ask me "who told you to do that?" my response got me a "slow down!!" and no tickie.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,May 10 2008, 12:51 PM
cops want to be in control so if you get pulled over they want to see you humble and concerned rather than cocky and relaxed-

the best thing to do is call your job if its late and leave the whole convo on voicemail or call a friend and say ill call back dont answer or call home if you have an answering machine- sometimes they act like assholes and its always good to have the convo recorded- some phones have recording software which is cool- I have a camera mounted on the windscreen section came handy once-
Old 05-10-2008, 02:11 PM

Glad to hear you got out of the Jam. I have a card too it saved me to many times to count. Every time I get out of a ticket I call my friend to say thanks and take him out to dinner

Quick Reply: Got away from speeding ticket