New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Got away from speeding ticket

Old 05-10-2008, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got away from speeding ticket

Okay, so now i am home from the poker night at Jose's.

I got pulled over around exit 35 on southern st pkwy by state police. I was mad tired and just wanted to get home, i knew i was going fast but didn't think it was a big deal to drive in high 70's when noone is on the road. So i was driving and next thing i know, a car pulling off from the side with no head lights on. I noticed it was state tropper and i was like ****! I didn't think they would give a shit about a PBA card from NYPD. So i pulled over.

Officer: License and registeration

Oaks: Sure sir.

Officer shines a flashlight on my face and asked: Where are you coming from? (I though he was going to ask "is this your car?")

Oaks: from some poker games at friend's house sir.

Officer: How is your license? suspended? How many points do you have?

I paused for a few secs, i didn't know how to answer that question.

Oaks: uhhhhhh no sir my license isn't suspended. I have gotten 6 points last year.

Officer: speeding huh?

Oaks: uhhhhhh yes sir (gave him that ooops face)

Now the problem was i couldn't find my registeration.
Oaks: I am sorry sir, this is a new car and i seem to be missing my registeration.

At this point, i already got my wallet flipped open and PBA is visible. He also noticed my "Federal Police active member" sticker on the windshield. He shined the light on the sticker and checked it for a few secs.

Officer: Insurance card would be fine.

Oaks: here you go sir. (handed him insurance card, driver license along with PBA card)

Officer: who gave you this? Where does he work?

Oaks: My friend sir, he works in Flushin and i am actually just driving home from his house.

It took 2 secs after i said that. No jokes!

Officer: Please slow down. Okay??

Oaks: wow yes sir, i am so sorry. I was just really tired and wanted to get home so i can crash.

He went back in his car and i took off.

First thing i did, called my friend up and thanked him for his PBA card.

I drove 65mph the whole way home.

I just got my ass saved from another speeding ticket which would have resulted in more points + few more hundreds.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:23 AM

nice!
Old 05-10-2008, 05:01 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Did you learn anything?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ of course not.

Originally Posted by gotOaks,May 10 2008, 05:16 AM
I drove 65mph the whole way home.
Southern State has 55 mph speed limit.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow good save
Old 05-10-2008, 07:27 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i want a pba card
Old 05-10-2008, 08:01 AM

I can't even tell you how many times I got out of getting a ticket back home from having a PBA card from a good friend of mine who I always said was my uncle. I was never pulled over for speeding, but I must have gotten out of 10 no front plate tickets as well as one time when I was pulled over for crossing over a double yellow and cutting someone off by driving on the wrong side of the road with a cop coming directly towards me, and another time when I blew through a light that just turned red with a cop sitting at the cross street. Unfortunately for me, they don't do PBA cards down here in NC.

If you are respectful to the officer and they see that you aren't a jerk off, they definitely help a lot.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:16 AM

yup. it def is a key to it. I was very respectful the whole time and i asked for permissions for every actions i took (ex: Can i please shut my car off? Can i please reach in the back?) I guess in my situation i wasn't really driving like an asshole. I wasn't crossing lanes or tailgating, it was a free pkwy and i just wanted to get home. He probably knew i wasn't dangerous or anything. It was just a simple "making money" pull over thing on his part and he probably felt he should give me a break. He was very nice afterall.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:17 AM

That's was a good thing, no ticket, i work out in Long Island you have to take it easy out there, some Cops don't care about a PBA Card.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good job, honesty usually works.

Quick Reply: Got away from speeding ticket