New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Good News, Bad News

Old 12-12-2009, 11:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Good News, Bad News

Good news: I'm going back to work on Monday.
Bad News:

It happenned 50 feet from my driveway at the intersection. Both cars were on the opposite side of the road facing/entering the main road, both making a left. Both waiting for traffic to clear. I creeped to the middle of the intersection and stopped, waited for the other car to see where he was going. I see him looking to his right to see incoming traffic. Traffic cleared and he started moving towards me. I honked my horn twice but by the time he looked straight it was already too late to brake.

A cop showed up, spoke to the guy first (I was standing near by). The guy explained what happen and admitted that it was his fault. Then the cop looked at my car and I told him what happen as I described above. The cop said its no one's fault because we were both in the intersection making a left. WTF?!?!? $%^$%&&^&^*#@%

I told him I was stopped beeping my horn at the guy AND he ADMITTED it was his fault. Cop said it doesn't matter in the eyes of the insurance company. I told the cop to at least write that on the police report but he refused to because he wasn't there to witness it and if that's really what happened. I told him he ADMITTED to it! I heard him say it in front of him! The cop said he didn't hear it ...and of course NOW the guy is denying he ever said it.

WTF is wrong with people.

The other vehicle

Old 12-12-2009, 11:45 AM

WTB Thread. This blows!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn Ray, what an asshole cop..it makes me pissed just reading it
good luck finding everything you need man
Old 12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Shit. Well first off congrats on the job!!

Damn that really pisses me off just reading the cops response. Would make me want to smack him to knock a little common sense into the bastard.
I would still try filing it against that guy maybe.
idk if it would work I guess would be hard since the he refused to write it down like that but it has to be someone's fault. I would check with insurance or a lawyer or something. Real pain in the ass to A either have your insurance go up or B spend lots of cash out of pocket.
Really sucks regardless though!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

yo ray ray congrats on work and dammmm that sux bout the S. Can you go to the precient and ask them to change the accident report? I have a friend who did that and they worked with him. Its worth a try i guess. Did you talk to ur insurance co.? what did they say? I hope all works out for you pal.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:13 PM

I spoke to my insurance company but they can only go by the police report. They obviously want to go after the other guy's insurance company... plus I have $1,000 deductible.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the reason i hate nassau county cops. over paid lazy assholes.

a friend of mine got into an accident within the parkinglot of some keyfood in hicksville. the guy was speeding through the lot, turned the corner and slammed into him. 10 witnesses accounted for my friend and against the other driver. the nassau cop wrote the report in favor of the other guy and put my friend at 100% fault.

seriously?
Old 12-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O damn Ray that sucks. Hope everything works out for you bro
Old 12-12-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

**** the police & smiling, lying D-bags in Mercedes..

Sorry to hear about this Ray, I'm sure you'll have her looking pretty again in no time though. Congrats on the new job.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear Ray! Hopefully you'll get it fixed in no time. And congrats on the job!!

Quick Reply: Good News, Bad News