New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

get down on the ground now! felt like i was on "COPS"

Old 03-01-2004, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

true that
Old 03-07-2004, 04:15 AM

So there were a bunch of you hangin' and one of you was "firing shots of a fake gun" and you wonder why the cops treated you like dangerous criminals? Am I the only one here who thinks the cops responded appropriately? Any time the cops get a report of a possible firearm, they have to treat it like the real thing. To me, it was the toy gun that was the cause of all this, you just can't mess around with anything resembling a gun in public these days, it's just asking for police involvement.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:50 AM

djohnston, I agree 100%. sickestS2k00, sorry for your ordeal, but the cops were doing their job. Like a few have said, for all they knew the gun was real. They don't want to die just for doing their job, so they act accordingly. If you should be mad at anyone, it should be whomever was stupid enough to bring a toy gun, and fire it. If it was as loud as you said, it must have been a pretty convincing toy.

Those of you who suggested he get a lawyer, perhaps you guys should get a clue first. He simply has no case... the courts are jammed with frivolous law suits as it is. Like them or not, the Police are protecting the general public, that includes us. That
Old 03-08-2004, 03:46 PM

Hey same thing happend to me and my friends. We were in the parking lot of a mall and 10 cops with sirens and lights circled us and our cars and they all got out of their cars and pointed guns at us telling us get down and all that. We didnt know what we did but at the end the cops said that my other friend pulled out a BB gun from his car and put it back in his car and one of the security guards watching the cameras saw and called the cops.My friend said he just took it out for just 2 seconds and put it back in his car. My friends and I were cracking up laughing at the end.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:53 PM

you see what i mean. even though all you have good points, i agree with kevsS2k. its over with, they are taking it too far. why? after they found it was a toy, i still have to go to court and pay a fine. dont know how much it is yet, but im getting a lawyer. i dont even have to pay for it. the place i work for is getting me one.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:56 PM

Uhh...it's not taking it far at all. It could have possibly been a real gun. You're missing that one very important point.

When I first said to get a lawyer, I didn't read ur original post completely and missed where you wrote your cousin was firing a fake gun.

Picture this, you're 40 and have kids. 2 blocks away near a McDonalds where your kids eat a bunch of idiots are holding a BB gun in the air. How exactly do you know it's not a real gun and that it has a potential to hurt your kids or even you? It's just common sense if you asked me or anyone with common sense, to not shoot anything out in public especially during times like these. The cops were just doing there jobs in this case and doing what they're suppose to do PROTECTING. Sure there was no danger but you've got to treat every situation like there is in the life of an officer.

I for one hope you lose the case as it will be the justified thing to happen. The fine they imposed on you was to teach you a lesson to NOT do that again. Since if everyone could get away with something like that scot free, it would happen more often. Just a form of discipline. It's just too bad the lesson isn't being learned here.
Old 03-11-2004, 08:31 PM

your cousin waving and firing a fake gun was prolly what made the neighbors call the cops. i mean, if it's dark out and something that looksl like gun and makes noises like a gun is being "fired" i'd call the cops too, because as far as i can tell it's a real firearm.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:28 PM

Damn Toy gun!!!!!!!!!! Son you better learn that toys can kill you man. Never point toy guns at cops you might get shot at. If I was a cop and your pointing a gun at me no matter toy or not Ill shoot first and ask questions later.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:31 PM

Lawyer cant help you on this one and rememeber they tape the whole event from there cars the cops have cameras in their vehicles so if you see a waiving gun in the tape the judge would have a field day
Old 03-14-2004, 08:56 AM

dee, i wouldn't go to court...
1. area is kind of dark, and there are cameras all around the building all they'll see is the spark or "un-named friend" waiving the potential handgun (capgun) in the air
2. cameras will see EVERYONE that fired it
3. your bro said "un-named friend" started firing while the cop was driving away after questioning what you guys were doing... he should've at least waited untill he turned off the street

everyone makes mistakes, at least no one was hurt and it was all just a big mis-understanding... they did go a little crazy w/ all the back-up, but we do stupid stuff when we're bored at work too ... how much is the fine? if it's a lot then i understand the lawyer thing, but if not, it's just another way this town "gets us", it's not right but you know how many BS tickets i got over the past couple years, it's just something we have to deal with... save the lawyer money for the new clutch and flywheel