New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

get down on the ground now! felt like i was on "COPS"

Old 02-29-2004, 07:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

daayuuumm, last night was the most weirdest night in awhile. my and my friends, there was 7 of us by my house just chillin around 9pm waiting to go bowling that starts at 1130. a cop car comes by and in the town we live, they always frieken think were up to no good. so he comes by and asks us what were doin and where were goin so we tell him and he drives away.

couple minutes later, another cop comes behind my friends car, 4 in the car, me and my 2 other friends standing outside. before the other cop came, my cousin in the car was firing shots of a fake gun all of a sudden, there was 2 cop cars behind us.

what happened next was really scary at first but we all joked about it at the end. the 2 cops got out their car, took out their guns, and told me, my brother, and my friend to get down on the ground and to lay down! i was like whoa, whoa, whats goin on? the officer just said, "shut the F%$# up, get down!" and put handcuffs on me, my brother, and my friend. as we were layin on the ground, my 4 friends in the car were next. next thing i know, there are 6 cops cars all armed with guns pointing at us! one by one, they ordered my friends to put there hands up where they could see them and they got out of the car and were handcuffed immediately.

i was like why hell are we being under arrest?? we did nothing wrong! he was like, "ur not, this is for my own safety." it was just scary cuz i never had a gun pointed at me. it was embarrassing also to see u layin down with handcuffs on u where u live. they all patted us down and checked the car. like i said, we had nothing except the toy gun! couple minutes later, they took the handcuffs off and i couldnt shut my mouth because i was pissed off! i was like this is screwed up! this if racial profiling, were good kids and u see us all the time around here. they were askin us shit like do we have grenades, bombs on us?? WTF? like were terrorists or something.

we all got up and they all had a talk with us. he told my cousin, i dont know what town ur from(cuz hes out of town) but we dont take this shit lightly. he said he wasnt hesitant to shoot us each other if we made a move or something. damn cops so at the end, they all took our names down, which i know will be in the paper on monday. this was just one crazy night, layin down on the ground with ur neighbors and family watching you. thats why i went off at the end and spoke my mind. F this shit.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:29 AM

i don't know what to say. it hasn't been your week at all, huh? jeez.

why do you think it's profiling? what's your nationality?
Old 02-29-2004, 07:30 AM

Received 1,400 Likes on 838 Posts

Yo Dee you got all kinds of weird shit going on....
Old 02-29-2004, 07:39 AM

spaced out original post because the single block of text was a bitch to read.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by TriaXenginE
i don't know what to say. it hasn't been your week at all, huh? jeez.

why do you think it's profiling? what's your nationality?

yeah man, it hasnt been my week. car problems, girl problems, now havin 6 cops handcuff everyone and guns pointing at us, damn whats next...knock on wood. my nationality is i am from pakistan, but came here when i was 3 years old. so im pretty much born and raised here. yeah, my cousin went off on the cop sayin its cuz were muslim thats why. and the cops were all silent then. thats why i believed he was profiling us. it happens all the time. im gonna go file a report about this. he had a damn gun pointing at me!! and told me to shut the F%$# and lay down on the ground, as if i was a criminal. i dont know what to say either. i just hope things start lookin up for me soon. i cant take much more bad luck.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:33 AM

Dont tell me you didn't get their name or badge number...

did the cop know you were firing toy guns or no? If not...i would
A) Erase this post ASAP
B) Get a lawyer and sue the shit out of them. Get them off the streets.

cops...what they did wasn't right. I had the same shit happen to me by some other guy (minus the cuffs and gun pointing....but it endangered my life)...you better believe I'm gonna raise hell.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:00 AM

get a lawyer is right.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:25 PM

well he knew we fired a toy gun after he found it in my cousins car. i was thinkin about gettin a lawyer and sueing them.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:29 PM

i just feel that we were profiled. why ask us things like do u have grenades? bombs? i know safety is very important these days but i just dont like being told to get the F down and shut the F up. these damn cops always do this to us. i keep thinkin, what would happen if we were white? would it be a different situation. im kinda still shaken up about what happened last night.
Old 02-29-2004, 01:38 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I agree with everyone, get a lawyer and sue the snot out of the cops, you (or your friend) should thank your lucky stars the cops didnt put 11 bullets in your chest for flashing what looked like a gun. Dont ever do that again.

Quick Reply: get down on the ground now! felt like i was on "COPS"