New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Favorite/Suggested Drive Routes

Old 05-10-2005, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Favorite/Suggested Drive Routes

This is an invitation for you to post up your favorite drive/route in the NY Metro Area. Please be as specific as possible and include details of the length of the drive, roads, any "must sees" along the way, maps (if possible) , etc. .
Old 05-11-2005, 05:34 AM

New York Rt. 30 through Adirondack State Park - any direction between Saranac Lake and the NYThruway, about 100 miles of pure driving pleasure, and fast touring. Rt. 22 from about Red Hook in Duchess County all the way up to Lake Champlain - in either direction. Almost 200 miles of twisties, fast straights, occasional small towns. Mostly open farmland. This road runs along the east ridge of the Hudson River Valley with views of the Catskill Mountains to the west, the Berkshire Mountains and the Green Mountains to the east and running into the Adirondack Mountains on the northern terminus.

here's a link to a sport bike drive list site...

Drive Site
Old 05-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only real road I can think of to drive on in Brooklyn/Queens area is the Jackie Robinson Parkway at night. The road is pretty smooth, has long sweeping turns, and one short stretch of quick esses. I've been driving that road for probably 15 years now, mostly at night and there is basically no where for cops to hide. It's total length from the Van Wyck/Grand Central to the end is probably 10 miles. But if you go at the right time it's a nice drive with a cementary on one side and a golf course and forest area on the other.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 PM

JRP has got to have the most dangerous entrance from the Grand Central. I must've seen 5 cars get taken out there right in front of me as they're trying to get on that highway.

But i do agree it's a nice little track.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:14 PM

JRP is the bomb. That road was made for the S. Only @ night.(Just watch the walls) Plus, no place for po po to hide. More Civilized Drives are the Taconic state pkwy, Wm Floyd pkwy north to rt. 25A, continue east thru wine country to Orient Point.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:52 AM

As much as I might get flamed for this because of the cop factor and the crappy road conditions, I have to give props to FDR Drive. Nothing beats driving up from the Brooklyn Battery tunnel to about 68th street on the outter northbound side on a cool spring or fall evening. You get to pass under the Manhattan Bridge, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Queensborough Bridge. With the city lit up on your left, and the river reflecting that glow on your right. It's a beautiful drive, especially at around 2 or 3 AM on a weeknight. Fantastic.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

As an alternate route to I-95N, take the Merrit Parkway (CT15) in Connecticut. It runs parallel to 95 for 60 miles or so. You can avoid trucks and it's a nice scenic route. No places for cops to hide except a few entrance ramps so it makes for great "vtecing"
Old 05-16-2006, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on Long Island Vanderbilt/Motor Parkway. from rt231 to rt93 (and back). the only thing that sucks is the traffic lights. and 2 lane traffic, so if theres somebody in front of you it kinda sucks. if you can time them right, its a great drive! Hills, swooping curves.

Also, Old Country Road from Round Swamp Road to Route 110 is pretty fun!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:54 AM

I agree with Marcus. I take OC rd to work occasionally. Round swamp is pretty good to from Jericho going south. In Huntington, I make this round every once in a while:

Start on woodbury road north to lawrence hill to 108, then up stillwell to syosset. Insane roads, lots of tight turns and 108 has those long swooping ones. Stillwell is pretty tight too. Just watch out for the cop at the last stop sign. I came blowing through that stop sign, an officer had someone else pulled over, got back in the car, put the lights on, and came after me. Once I saw the officer make it for the car, I already decided I wasn't pulling over

Old 05-14-2007, 09:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i am kinda like the belt parkway..
started from my house to belt parkway ,, all the way to conecy island, the roads are just fixe about year something ago and feels to smooth also lots of car wanna race at night expecialy at summer, but lots of cops lolz...

Quick Reply: Favorite/Suggested Drive Routes