New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

EBAY exhaust on s2k

Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Speakeasy2009
Still... for $160 it sounds nice... my point really is that whether its Nvidia or EBAY, they are all just metal pipes. I find it hard to justify $800.00 plus for a catback that will give me minimal gains and decent sound..so i can understand why someone would opt for this exhaust. Sure the welds have to be good quality and so do the internals of the silencers but if they are its a steal of a catback...
Sound and quality of the metal aren't my personal concerns. Fitment and the muffler style is what steered me away. Got a Berk and installed it yesterday. Really happy with it.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Speakeasy2009
Still... for $160 it sounds nice... my point really is that whether its Nvidia or EBAY, they are all just metal pipes. I find it hard to justify $800.00 plus for a catback that will give me minimal gains and decent sound..so i can understand why someone would opt for this exhaust. Sure the welds have to be good quality and so do the internals of the silencers but IF they are its a steal of a catback...
That's a big "IF". I went ASM and I never regretted it nor looked back. "Pay for nice or end up paying twice"
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GRUNTS2K
Originally Posted by Speakeasy2009' timestamp='1368021992' post='22527767
Still... for $160 it sounds nice... my point really is that whether its Nvidia or EBAY, they are all just metal pipes. I find it hard to justify $800.00 plus for a catback that will give me minimal gains and decent sound..so i can understand why someone would opt for this exhaust. Sure the welds have to be good quality and so do the internals of the silencers but IF they are its a steal of a catback...
That's a big "IF". I went ASM and I never regretted it nor looked back. "Pay for nice or end up paying twice"

Im gonna try to contact the poster of that vid and see what he says about it now that about 5 months has gone by...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:19 AM

Hey guys. That is my exhaust and for $160 you can't really beat it. There is a drone but not nearly as bad as my skunk2 mega powers. The silencers definitely do there work with that. After 5 months of use the welds are still holding strong and I have no leaks. Fitment may have to be worked around bc on my driver side tip, it was about half an inch higher than my passenger side but you can't really tell unless you're picky like I am... Overall I felt like it was a steal... After paying 600+ for my skunk2 last year.. This one is definitely a great product for the money!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Prestonubc22
Hey guys. That is my exhaust and for $160 you can't really beat it. There is a drone but not nearly as bad as my skunk2 mega powers. The silencers definitely do there work with that. After 5 months of use the welds are still holding strong and I have no leaks. Fitment may have to be worked around bc on my driver side tip, it was about half an inch higher than my passenger side but you can't really tell unless you're picky like I am... Overall I felt like it was a steal... After paying 600+ for my skunk2 last year.. This one is definitely a great product for the money!

Nice man..thanks a lot for filling us in... in your vid it sounds damn good!

Well..there you have it boys..a review from the YoutTube poster...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

who cares, its your money! if you are happy in the end and no buyers remorse then its well worth it. =)
Old 05-08-2013, 09:15 AM

wow, this forum has changed quite a bit over the 7+ years I have been here.

If this was a question asked when I still had my other username, "ebay parts on an s2000??? go buy a civic!!"
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Haha yup. No name and eBay stuff is becoming quite common on this forum now. Impossible to sell quality stuff these days since so many want the cheapest parts.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Haha yup. No name and eBay stuff is becoming quite common on this forum now. Impossible to sell quality stuff these days since so many want the cheapest parts.

Its not about being cheap...its just i have yet to hear one decent justification on why an Nvidia catback is about $800.00 and produces minimal gains if any... we are talking about steel tubes here.. and they dont cost $800 to make that i can be sure of.

The member who bought the exhaust has spoken, and until anyone else has first hand experience with this exhaust ill take his word for it. Does this mean its a great exhaust or quality exhaust? no.. it means that you dont have to spend $800 for a better sounding system...
Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

im all for quality parts, it is just a pipe. also depends what you're trying to accomplish and what you are doing with the car. i have a full titanium exhaust, i bought it for "tuner" points and lightweight savings (which happened to be in my favor when i started racing the car) but call me cheap all you want, if i didnt have this exhaust and i would have just cut the stock exhaust and put a turn down after the cat. the guy just wants to hear some exhaust note without having to spend a crazy amount thats on him. and if it breaks then he has to spend more money to get another exhaust, thennnn you can say spend it right the first time. lol

oh and btw i would never run an Nvidia =) just not worth it to me.

Quick Reply: EBAY exhaust on s2k