New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Does Anybody know a BMW Dealer?

Old 03-09-2002 | 10:30 AM
Former Moderator

Default Does Anybody know a BMW Dealer?

Looking to buy my father a 330ci convertible. But the dealers I've gone to won't go below MSRP most want a markup. If someone knows a dealer willing to deal please let me know. It will be a quick sale. Can have at least half in cash up front. Looking to buy immediately at least before father's day. But will do asap for the right price. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-09-2002 | 10:38 AM

I would recommend bmw of bayside. I have alot of friends who have bought cars from them and they have all had good experiences. Also I was recently there inquiring about the new M3. I am planning on ordering one in may. The salesman was very helpful. No pressure at all and I will be getting the car at msrp which is rare around here. The other bmw dealers in my neighborhood are charging 5-10k above sticker for the M3. Plus he said that it will only take 2-3 months max to get the car from germany. I am pretty sure that you will have no problem getting a 330 convertible at a good price. The # is 718-229-4400 and the salesman is Mitch Klein. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2002 | 04:20 AM
Former Moderator

Must be just me then, because the salesman I talked to at Bayside wouldn't really give me the time of day. I asked him if he wanted to sit down and work something out. He kept saying (3 times) "are you really serious in buying this car? Don't want to waste my time". My fiancee looked at me and said screw this guy let's go.

Mind you, there wasn't anybody else in the showroom at the time, so I don't know what else he could have been doing that was so important.
Old 03-10-2002 | 06:40 AM

I was at Rally auto group on northern blvd in manhasset when I was deciding between the BMW Z and the S2K. The sales staff treated me very well there even though I told them from the start that I wasn't ready to buy and that I'm still shopping and compairing. They were very happy to answer my questions and work out figures for me and from what my good friend and bimmer owner told me is that they have a great service dept also. You should check it out, it's right down the street from CW Post. They have a Acura and Mercedes dealership there also in the same complex. Who knows you might even decide to get him a CLK convertible instead.
Old 03-10-2002 | 09:16 PM

You could also try Hassel BMW in Freehold on Sunrise Highway...I traded in my S2000 there and got great service from George Javier.

516-223-6160
Old 03-11-2002 | 03:38 AM
Former Moderator

Thanks guys, I tried Rallye yesterday, I guess they either open late or not at all on Sundays. No one was there at 11:15am. I'll give Hassel a try also.
Old 03-11-2002 | 06:16 PM

BMW of Westchester. Awaiting an M3 cab mid august. (Unfortunately the end of the S2000) Speak with Tony Acouso. Very good guy. Tell him Doug sent you. Worth trying. Just hooked my friend up with a 2001 330 ci. No difference from 2002. Great deal
Old 03-12-2002 | 07:14 PM
WPS

have you visited Wide World of Cars at Spring Valley, ny?
its a bmw/ferrari dealership
the salespeople their seem really nice and more willing to negotiate from my experience
especially compared to westchester bmw..the salesmen are snooty
Old 03-13-2002 | 02:12 PM

Can't comment about other salespeople, but Tony is a really nice guy and does for me'

Go Juan!
Old 03-13-2002 | 02:14 PM
Former Moderator

Thanks guys if you wouldn't mind sending me your names so that I can say you referred me when I visit these dealers it would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Does Anybody know a BMW Dealer?