New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

click it or ticket... points for a seatbelt ticket? just got a ticket in NJ

Old 05-28-2004, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default click it or ticket... points for a seatbelt ticket? just got a ticket in NJ

just got one in NJ, someone told me i will get points for this... am i gonna get points? how many?
Old 05-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in NY....its no points, but insurance does find out.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:53 AM

NAW MAN...there are no points for not wearing a seatbelt..and insurance does not find out about this....yes its click it or ticket month....so watch out
Old 05-28-2004, 10:37 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont mean to flame you or anything, but if you were driving your s2000, shouldnt you be wearing your seatbelt??

i always have the seatbelt on, and make sure my passenger does too whenever we're in the S.

as for the element or the landcruiser, i'll still always wear mine, but as for the passenger, it's their choice.

hope you dont get any points and insurance doesnt find out.. if youre in northern jersey, your insurance premium has just risen $2930423840239842109480214^3
Old 05-28-2004, 10:57 AM

there is no points for seatbelts in NJ.... Just a fine.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fountain of misinformation. What makes you guys think insurance won't find out? A seatbelt ticket is still considered a moving violation. Trust me, insurance does find out. But it's not associated with points in NY State at least.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:32 PM

so in what way does insurance affect you....i got a ticket in sept. 03 for a seatbelt ticket...when they did the click it or ticket a while back and my insurance doesnt know shit!!! so i dont think they know about that...when i asked the cop if this involves points...he siad no...as far as it being a moving violation...hummmm...all i know is my insurance doesnt know a damn thing about that ticket...and my rate is still the same..given this is back on sept 03 if did know something they would have found out by now...and how i know they dotn know shit...i actually called my ins compayne recently and aksed them if i had any points or neg comments on my acct...and they said no...as my sheet is clean...i also called DMV and some other place to find out what points i had...seatbelt ticket to me is bullshit..
Old 05-28-2004, 01:42 PM

yeah, but like everyone's said, why wouldn't you wear a seatbelt in the S2000? or any car for that matter?
Old 05-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey believe what you want, your insurance might not have done a scan yet. When they do a scan of your record it will show up. It's in the DMV database. What you think when you get a ticket. It just disappears off the face of the earth with no papertrail? Never never land? I got a no seatbelt ticket and they didn't know until a year and a half later.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:58 PM

It really depends on the insurance company. Some companies do regular scans of their customers driving records, others don't. My insurance company does NOT run regular scans. I've been with them since 1986 and the only time I've had surcharges was when I've had collisions. Unfortunately one of them I was rear ended I don't think I should have been surcharged, but I didn't want to raise stink with them because they might have gotten the urge to pull my record. I think I've gotten a speeding ticket every two years since I've been driving (in NY anyway, I can't even remember how many I've gotten in VT, CT, PA & NJ).

Quick Reply: click it or ticket... points for a seatbelt ticket? just got a ticket in NJ