New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Citation for Publick Urination...

Old 08-15-2010, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citation for Publick Urination...

From Boston and am hoping someone local iin NY can give me some good advise.

I was visiting my friend in Queens while in the city. Leaving his place I had to go but had an idea on how to get back via train rather quickly. So I got onto the Queens Blvd stop to take the 7 train into the City. and the train didn’t come for a good 30 mins and at this point I had to go pretty bad. There was really no one besides me on the station not to mention I looked for bathroom but didn’t find one. So at that point I said **** it and saw this dark little area(even more so than the dark station) 2 feet wide and did what I had to...

I walk back out the area and there is an officer standing there . Was like "Were you peeing on platform?." Instinct told me to obviously say no. And so I did. He walked over and said I saw you going in there and showed the puddle.

He asks for my ID and I give it to him. Then he writes me up a ticket so I said "look I’m sorry" blah blah ... He shouts "SHUT UP!" and I told him I was being completely respectful in speaking with him and he do the same...so he gives me another "I SAID SHUT UP." So naturally he says "like tell you what I’m goanna do" and cuffs me tells me to take a seat!...I’ve never even gotten pulled over in my life let alone create trouble in front of an officer and so he says "that’s why I’m not arresting you."

Gave me 2 tickets...

1st - Yellow Ticket for entering restricted area - $50 fine
2nd - Pink Summons - Public Urination - Have to go to court on 14th Oct.

Now my question is:

1 - I live in Boston, do I have to show up...can I just not call and pay the pink tickets fine?

2 - Now if I do go to court...should I plead guilty and just tell the judge I really had to go and could not locate a public facility and I really am sorry for my actions and if he could reduce the penalty to maybe a small fine?

3 - If I do plead guilty does this go on my permanent record? (Obviously That is the last thing I want happen.)

4 - Do I need to hire a Lawyer?

5 - I am sure pleing not - guilty would be very time consuming and just want to pay the fine...would pleing not - guilty be beneficial?

Any and all help is appreciated.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:45 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I got a drinking in public ticket back in college and there were a few people there for peeing in public. Its just a fine and not a criminal offense. Court appearances are usually required though. Call and try to just pay and avoid court
Old 08-15-2010, 06:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may have to swear allegiance to the Yankees in order to get out of this...
Old 08-15-2010, 07:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have pushed him in front of an oncoming train, then peed on his remains.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 PM

Usually you do have to show up and they'll either dimiss the ticket or you just pay the measly thing and be done. Quick/funny story i was leaving a friends house last night around 3 after some decent drinking had 2 go so bad on the way home so i walked in the park. About mid piss i hear hard breaking so i zip up turn around to see a cop car and i was like f***. They shout from the car"i hope you didnt piss on yourself" laughed and then drove off i was like the humiliation was worth not gettin a pubic urination ticket.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:43 AM

Received 214 Likes on 175 Posts

They are both violations and won't appear on your record.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But a warrant will. Public urination in NY is a mandatory court appearance, and be prepared to be embarrassed. I remember going to court for a trespassing ticket (7-11 parking lot) which was dismissed, and the guy before me was in court for public urination. They call your name and the charge out LOUD, in front of the entire courtroom. If you hire a lawyer, you can go after the cop for putting you in cuffs when he was not arresting you.

If you don't show up, you will have a warrant out for your arrest in NY.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:43 AM

Received 1,398 Likes on 837 Posts

Whatever you do, never miss a court date. You'd be screwing yourself even worse.

Furthermore, if you miss your day, you will return in front of the judge who was supposed to see you on your missed day, and he will have no leniency.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250,Aug 17 2010, 03:43 AM
Whatever you do, never miss a court date. You'd be screwing yourself even worse.

Furthermore, if you miss your day, you will return in front of the judge who was supposed to see you on your missed day, and he will have no leniency.
This is so true.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250,Aug 17 2010, 06:43 AM

how do you know about this bill?

Quick Reply: Citation for Publick Urination...