New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Charity event March 7th

Old 12-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Charity event March 7th

Hey everyone,

For those that have been here a while, you know that I'm involved in the sport of darts in and around my area
. You also know that I've turned that involvement into a charity event that benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation of NJ.

This year, the event will be held on March 7, 2009. That's still 3 months away, but the league members are busy as we speak.

Normally, I'd let everyone know, and a few of you have helped in the past with donations. They are all appreciated and beneficial. In 3 years so far, our dart league has raised over $25,000.

This year, we've added a raffle for those that aren't nearly as committed to make a direct donation. The ticket is $5. The prizes are 1st) - Samsung 56" 1080p DLP HDTV, and 2nd) Nintendo Wii.

If you are interested in aquiring a ticket or two (or ten ), let me know. While heading up to a weekly meet isn't great for me, I will try to make the holiday party or other big event before March. I can also look to take paypal personally if its sells some tickets.

For anyone interested is finding out more, head over to the GTDL Website and click the tournament link. The event is open to the public, we get all kinds of raffles and auction items, and you may just find something you'd bid on.

Thanks-

Gary
Old 12-13-2008, 04:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary,

I would be interested in purchasing some tix. Given the lead time, perhaps I could mail a check and you could mail back the tix???

Also, double check your link to the GTDL website, I'm coming up with a URL issue.

Michael
Old 12-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Mike-

Thanks- Link fixed. Absolutely.

I'll send a PM with details - there is plenty of lead time.

Gary
Old 02-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Member (Premium)

Hey everyone,

This event is now 3 weeks away. To those that bought tickets or supported the event, THANKS! Val - Look forward to seeing you and the team at the event.

Check out our website, and click the DARTS FOR DREAMS banner. We have quite an impressive list of auction items this year, on top of our door prizes and raffles. If anything on the list interests anyone, let me know. Giants/ Jets Stuff, Ripken/Mussina signed bat, McNabb jersey, portrait sitting and oil painting to name some.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Hey everyone-

I wanted to thank the people on here who bought raffle tickets for my charity event that happened yesterday. Unfortunately no one from S2KI won the TV or Nintendo. Hopefully that won't deter you from buying one next year.

An update on the event - The Greater Trenton Dart League raised $16,272 (with some checks not in yet) for the Make A Wish Foundation of New Jersey. Thanks to everyone who helped!