New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Can't decide...

Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would leave the HT black..

Evasive's...

Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2killa,Apr 28 2008, 08:14 AM
i totally agree except the white calipers... would def do them in black with a white valve cover as barry suggested...

leave ur rims alone and get some aftermarkets... i love the mag blue rims on a white car... looks sexy... RE30's look real sweet in mag blue...

whats ur budget? how many months will you be doing this over?
there is no budget, i get about $800 a month to spend on my car. well, either that or to save up for a downpayment on a house, or even to pay off the car. There are lots to think of but like Ray said i love modding my car and i want it to look different. Black/white theme looks great but it looks just like other white CRs and that is what bothering me. Other than that, i love the set up. If CR came all white, i would have probably painted the top black. I guess i just want it to look different. I think i have my mind made up some what. I think i am going to keep it black just because i don't think "wanting it to look different" is a good reason to spend $600+ on painting it white. If i come up with a better reason, then yes i ll paint it white in the furture.

Here is a list.

1. Eibach (i dunno if this is what people mean by springs,or shox)
2. Front Grill/ Rear bumper vented
3. HKS (duals)
4. Wheels (keeping it black with black Calipers)

Hopefully it will turn out to be beasty looking.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:31 AM

drop it thats it. grill and calipers white would look real cheesey, black ht breaks it up a bit.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 AM

if you want to keep your CR shocks i suggest switching out your springs atleast to get rid of the wheel gap...i'm biased towards espelir cause imo it gives you the best drop for nyc roads

i say keep the ht black and use your money elsewhere...i say this cause everyone on this board just HAS to paint their ht's the car color whenever they get it..the CR loses it's originality once you color it the same color..it'll still look clean considering the HT is oem and so is it's color

mesh grill painted white is a no no..i wouldnt do it..looks very tacky and ricey

getting rims DEFINATELY makes your car look different from the rest..i recommend it...got volks? ..depending on how aggressive you want your car to look...the more aggressive color you can get..ie. takata green, bronze, etc etc

as far as calipers..imho paint them the same color as the lugnuts you'll get in the future if you get rims...if your lugs are yellow...paint your calipers yellow, blue, red, etc etc
Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by RunUrAss,Apr 28 2008, 08:42 AM
if you want to keep your CR shocks i suggest switching out your springs atleast to get rid of the wheel gap...i'm biased towards espelir cause imo it gives you the best drop for nyc roads

i say keep the ht black and use your money elsewhere...i say this cause everyone on this board just HAS to paint their ht's the car color whenever they get it..the CR loses it's originality once you color it the same color..it'll still look clean considering the HT is oem and so is it's color

mesh grill painted white is a no no..i wouldnt do it..looks very tacky and ricey

getting rims DEFINATELY makes your car look different from the rest..i recommend it...got volks? ..depending on how aggressive you want your car to look...the more aggressive color you can get..ie. takata green, bronze, etc etc

as far as calipers..imho paint them the same color as the lugnuts you'll get in the future if you get rims...if your lugs are yellow...paint your calipers yellow, blue, red, etc etc
James

thanks for the idea.

Allow me to ask since i m a noob. I can keep CR shocks and just switch out the springs? that will keep my CR suspension? Also what kind of springs do i get and how low does it get? 1 in? is it all around?

you are right about the HT and now it makes me sense to me.

Also about the Calipers, i have never though of that. I don't dig green or bronze but i m thinking black wheels, red lugs, red Calipers... Man i wish i can photoshop. I wonder how it will look.. white body, black HT, black wheels with red lugs and red Calipers... I know black and red goes but white black and red?? too many colors??

Oh man i really have to do some work today! lmao! since i got here, i did nothing but stare out the window, sit on my desk and browse s2ki...
Old 04-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by gotOaks,Apr 28 2008, 11:50 AM
James

thanks for the idea.

Allow me to ask since i m a noob. I can keep CR shocks and just switch out the springs? that will keep my CR suspension? Also what kind of springs do i get and how low does it get? 1 in? is it all around?

you are right about the HT and now it makes me sense to me.

Also about the Calipers, i have never though of that. I don't dig green or bronze but i m thinking black wheels, red lugs, red Calipers... Man i wish i can photoshop. I wonder how it will look.. white body, black HT, black wheels with red lugs and red Calipers... I know black and red goes but white black and red?? too many colors??

Oh man i really have to do some work today! lmao! since i got here, i did nothing but stare out the window, sit on my desk and browse s2ki...
well the thing that makes the CR so special is the handling and that goes hand in hand with the suspension..the suspension on ANY car is comprised of two main elements..the shocks and the springs..the springs go OVER the shocks..i'm sure you MIGHT compromise the CR handling by replacing the stock springs with an aftermarket but atleast you'll reduce the wheel gap..the shocks is what makes the car stiff in turns...with aftermarket shocks you can stiffen the settings like a biatch (recommended only for racing) or soften it up to be oem

i'm not sure exactly how much the espelirs drop but you've seen my car before..the drop is just perfect imo for nyc streets..there is no wheel gap BUT the tires dont tuck (which is crucial for DD in nyc)

believe me seeing a white car with takata greens on is equivalent to sex...but if you want to pull that off you HAVE to have some aggressive exterior kits to make it flow..i remember passing through northern blvd and i saw a white sti with takata green CE's parked on the side and i jizzed myself

Old 04-28-2008, 09:09 AM

when i get back from deployment i'm striving to make the hottest s2k on the eastcoast
Old 04-28-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

i wouldnt touch the suspension. It was designed to be the 'racer' of the s2000's, and lowering it with springs will destroy that. If you do, sell the CR suspension as a whole and make some money on it and get some s2000 struts and put the lowering springs on them. As long as you know that the lowering spring will only help the asthetics of the car, and won't help its handling, you should be fine. in fact, in the cars that i've driven with lowering springs, have actually hurt the feel of the car on the back roads compared to a stock height car!

In regards to the hardtop, keep it black. It looks good with the offset of white. At least dont repaint it, sell the black hardtop, and pick up a mugen style one and paint it whatever color you want.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing,Apr 28 2008, 01:09 PM
i wouldnt touch the suspension. It was designed to be the 'racer' of the s2000's, and lowering it with springs will destroy that. If you do, sell the CR suspension as a whole and make some money on it and get some s2000 struts and put the lowering springs on them. As long as you know that the lowering spring will only help the asthetics of the car, and won't help its handling, you should be fine. in fact, in the cars that i've driven with lowering springs, have actually hurt the feel of the car on the back roads compared to a stock height car!

In regards to the hardtop, keep it black. It looks good with the offset of white. At least dont repaint it, sell the black hardtop, and pick up a mugen style one and paint it whatever color you want.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:12 PM

man... so many good ideas from so many good s2kers! now i m thinking not just twice but like 4 times!! lol

thanks for the inputs everyone.

Quick Reply: Can't decide...