New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Best body shop in Northern NJ area

Old 02-20-2008, 07:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks to me like vandalism. That seems like a big dent for only a shopping cart. Or maybe like my co-worker said... it could have been the wind that took one of those things and slammed it in your car.

Andre
Old 02-20-2008, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orangebarius,Feb 20 2008, 11:58 AM

like joel said, make sure the ebay one is oem honda.
EVEN MORE IMPORTANT!!!

if you would ever take your car to East Orange -- just around the corner in Bloomfield...

great recreation...

Bloomfield NJ

get there!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nate03,Feb 20 2008, 12:48 PM
your call of course & I have no connection to the shop... the cache of an S2000 pales in comparison to the other cars that their working on at Exclusive Auto in East Orange... and yeah though your attitude is a bit elitist - its probably more closed minded...and that would be to your detriment... The fact that Gladstone Motors (the guys who retail used exotics in Road & Track) & Kos Motors in Montclair recommended them is probably meaningless to you...regarding eBay pre-painted body parts...

My opinion of course... but buying painted body parts selling on eBay - you most likely will not be getting OEM Honda parts.. fitment will potentially be an issue...buyer beware. I saw the link and it does say OEM so good luck! in all things...
Its just the area, I've been through East Orange a number of times and to me its wretched. I'd be scared the car would get worse done to it sitting outside waiting to be fixed or after it was repaired.

As for the ebay fender its OEM Honda so I'm not worried about fitment, their price reflects what a new fender would cost plus paint and shipping so I'll take my chances. Like I said I've had great recommendations in the past only to be disappointed later so why not give this a shot.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:15 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

as long as its oem honda, which i just read in the post, then you should be good. installation should take no more than 30-40 minutes.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate03,Feb 20 2008, 11:48 AM
your call of course & I have no connection to the shop... the cache of an S2000 pales in comparison to the other cars that their working on at Exclusive Auto in East Orange... and yeah though your attitude is a bit elitist - its probably more closed minded...and that would be to your detriment... The fact that Gladstone Motors (the guys who retail used exotics in Road & Track) & Kos Motors in Montclair recommended them is probably meaningless to you...regarding eBay pre-painted body parts...

My opinion of course... but buying painted body parts selling on eBay - you most likely will not be getting OEM Honda parts.. fitment will potentially be an issue...buyer beware. I saw the link and it does say OEM so good luck! in all things...
Off Topic but gladstone motors is a sick place! Always have very interesting cars for sale! I used to ride my bike down there and look at the cars!

Good luck with the repairs!
Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My body shop is really good.

DONE-RITE AUTOBODY

. . . but it's like an hour away. I'll prob be at the meet tonight if you want to see my car.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by ThatPreludeGuy,Feb 20 2008, 12:14 PM
Its just the area, I've been through East Orange a number of times and to me its wretched. I'd be scared the car would get worse done to it sitting outside waiting to be fixed or after it was repaired.

As for the ebay fender its OEM Honda so I'm not worried about fitment, their price reflects what a new fender would cost plus paint and shipping so I'll take my chances. Like I said I've had great recommendations in the past only to be disappointed later so why not give this a shot.
I hear yah.

They kept my car inside the shop while I went to florida over the weekend & brought it out when i cam to pick it up.

It was a very good place ... and i've been around the block a few times in that dept... (during my miss spent youth - there was 'crash' in my name...)

Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by s2killa,Feb 20 2008, 06:45 AM
dude it seriously looks liek someone was an asshole and rammed the sh!t outta your car... did the place have any cameras?
i didnt want to be the one to say it... it does though...
::SIGH::
Old 02-20-2008, 08:31 PM

It's funny a few people that have witnessed runaway cars smash into parked cars say its perfectly feasible, everyone else says it was 100% done on purpose. If someone did it on purpose they would've had to take the cart and walk it through the parking lot and towards my car before doing it. It was so out in the open and such a busy traffic area it would take some seriously big balls to go out of the way to do something like that. I drove by today and there are no cameras, there are signs saying property stolen from vehichles is not their responsibility (assuming they would take the same stance on damage in the parking lot) and the slope is pretty good.

I was actually thinking of taking my camera and my friend there and recording a cart coming from the top of the hill to see how fast it would be going when it got to my car. Yes thats right I have WAY too much time on my hands these days.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by r34dy2fly,Feb 20 2008, 03:35 AM
i would recommend Final Touch Collision at West New York. They repainted my whole front end was completely satisfied. Reborn is going there to get his whole car repainted as well.

Robert is a pretty cool guy to work with.

Just tell him Phil sent you.
Do you have their contact info and number?

Quick Reply: Best body shop in Northern NJ area