New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

AT&T users beware

Old 12-06-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AT&T users beware

I have an iphone with an unlimited data plan and I just received this text yesterday

"AT&T Free Msg: Your data usage this month is in the top 5% of users. Use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds in future bill cycles. Visit www.att.com/dataplans."

All I have to say is WTF?! Did anyone else receive this message? I called them a few hours ago and had a few words with them.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 PM

If that happens to me I'm switching to sprint. One reason I didn't upgrade to the 4s
Old 12-06-2011, 01:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i haven't gotten it and I use 15gb an avg per month. My contract is up in a yr, I'm probably going back to Verizon I can't stand the crappy service, plus my company will pay for high VZW prices.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 PM

I have the old plan which is considered "grandfathered" (unlimited data, text, blah blah blah). It doesn't mean doodoo if I can't use the Internet efficiently. I need to switch service, im done with these buttholes.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:33 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

When you upgraded did you confirm your plan was grandfathered? I upgraded at the apple store and I made sure it stayed unlimited and the next day I checked again on my account and sure enough it still said unlimited.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 PM

Yep, it's unlimited I had this plan since the iPhone 2g. Its the original basic unlimited plan. This would affect all the unlimited data users eventually.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 AM

I manage all the accounts for my company, and AT&T is pushing really hard to get rid of all unlimited accounts. We have unlimited data for enterprise blackberry and unlimited international use, which was $65 for everything, now they want $45 for the domestic and $25 for international which is limited to 25MB.

Every time I try order a new phone without changing the plan, they try to get me to get a new plan, and they even make the change which in turn makes me have to call in and stay on the phone for an hour to get it switched back.

AT&T generally sucks, I only have it because the company is paying for it!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:52 AM

Im not sure about you guys, but my monthly bill is $100 or so and it's definitely not worth it. My employer provides me with a nextel phone but it has no data plan, which sucks.

I don't want to start a new topic so I'll ask the question here. Which provider should I switch to if my biggest concern is Internet and text. I barley use the phone, but if I do it's for a couple minutes here and there. I would like to continue using the iPhone, but what other phones are out there that are just as good or better in your opinion?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 AM
bbp

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

get tmobile monthly 4G for $60 you get everything unlimited and 2gb of data at 4G.
Just get any of their Android 4G phones and you will be happy. They also have $30 plan with 100 min, unlimited text and 5gb of data. It's perfect for people that only need data. Their data is reliable and fast.

Originally Posted by S2K DRIFTER
Im not sure about you guys, but my monthly bill is $100 or so and it's definitely not worth it. My employer provides me with a nextel phone but it has no data plan, which sucks.

I don't want to start a new topic so I'll ask the question here. Which provider should I switch to if my biggest concern is Internet and text. I barley use the phone, but if I do it's for a couple minutes here and there. I would like to continue using the iPhone, but what other phones are out there that are just as good or better in your opinion?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tmobile reliable and fast? That's a joke a right? You must not travel all that much.

It's ok in major metropolitan areas, but sucks rocks anywhere else. My friend works at Tmobile, and even he wouldn't bother with them if he didn't get his phone for free! The only way I could get decent service at home was using their voice over IP thing.

I travel to the midwest a few times a year and I had to ditch tmobile because the damn thing never worked. My Verizon phone works great though. I'm grandfathered in for unlimited data.

Quick Reply: AT&T users beware