New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Anybody use Nextel?

Old 10-20-2004, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 600 free incoming plan. I pretty sure almost every free incoming plan comes with the two-way express which allows u to get text messages. I dont pay for internet package anymore i just pay the 60 bucks/month and i text and receive texts all the time.

Only thing I lost when i took of the internet plan was I can read what I sent to people. It doesnt save the messages when u send them and I could always check what I wrote and when. Now once I sent it....its gone forever.

Kareem
Old 10-21-2004, 12:18 AM

For those of you with AT&T and motorola phones that are dropping calls, try learning how to update firmware (definately not for everybody cause you might need to buy a new phone if you mess up). I've got a V600 and I updated my firmware to the 55r flash (didn't update the flex to any other version) and holy cow -- I get full signal almost everywhere (even in places where I'd get 1 bar), everything in the phone loads up faster, and no more dropped calls! I've only had it like this for a few days but so far it's been absolutely great. Everything sounds so clear and I can even get calls in my room or classes without a problem. Really feels like a whole new phone and service. Works so flawlessly. The phone doesn't even crash anymore like it used to.

BTW, having the AT&T local plan sucked, the AT&T national plan gave me improved signal strength everywhere, even locally. When I drove to Michigan the only time I didn't have service was just a small 2 mile strech of this farm country away from any major highways. I'll definately see how it works out in other states as I go around. With nextel I used to have no signal for miles and miles in states like virginia, S. Carolina, parts of Maryland.

For the buck, IMO, AT&T has been great. I've got the family plan with my parents and I with free AT&T to AT&T so that saves me some minutes from our shared 1100 minute plan. Free nights starts at 7pm with the 2 year contract VS. the traditional 9pm. I've gotten a circuit busy 2 times total. One of them was actually on the other persons side and the other one was from AT&T but I was able to call immediately after.

BTW, with nextel...I'm sure ALL of you have heard this when calling someone with a nextel at least once in your life "Please hold while the subscriber you are trying to reach is located." Best part about that message? Even their automated message sounds like it's got bad reception just like how it sounds like on all nextels!
Old 10-21-2004, 04:01 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been on AT&T GSM National for close to two years with 3 different phones and it's always been bad. Verizon seems to be the best choice but they have the worst phones and the oldest system.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:19 AM
WPS

Originally Posted by s2000qtee,Oct 19 2004, 01:44 PM
Their customer service was the WORST. Period. That is one of the main reasons I left Nextel. Basically they changed my plan without my okay and/ or knowledge. Then when I thought my contract ended in December, they said that since i "changed" my plan (which I didnt) my whole contract of 1 year was restarted! I flipped out....they put me on a plan where I get NO LONG DISTANCE, without my knowledge, then say they can prove it by a "recorded phone convo" Puh-leeze. They "couldnt find it" when I demanded to hear myself saying I accept the plan. THEN they kept ing up my bill and overcharging me. I would call and tell them I wanted a revised bill before I pay.....they never sent me a bill and I ended up making a settlement with them.

Nextel is . Unless ure whole posse has them, they are as useful as any really bad cell phone. Plus, options like easy text messaging or cameras on the phones arent available, yet their phones are really expensive and super ugly and large.
att pulled the same scam with my gf. said she extended her contract and there is nothing they could do since it 'says it on the computer'. so she had to ride out the contract or pay the cancellation fee.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Oct 21 2004, 03:18 AM
BTW, with nextel...I'm sure ALL of you have heard this when calling someone with a nextel at least once in your life "Please hold while the subscriber you are trying to reach is located." Best part about that message? Even their automated message sounds like it's got bad reception just like how it sounds like on all nextels!
A lot of times when you get that message, means the person is on direct connect. If you stop clicking, then the phone call with go through. If you dont, itll just go to voicemail. It doesnt really have much to do with their service.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:25 AM

Dave, thats total 99% of the time people would get that calling me I wouldnt even be using my cell phone! Nextel is just not reliable if u need service all the time
Old 10-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Former Moderator

I guess nobody is perfect. Nextel has been good to me, so I have no complaints.

So what do you have now Sophia??? Do you still have the same number???
Old 10-21-2004, 12:00 PM

Im good....Im in the process of transferring offices....3 blocks away No i dont have the same number...check ure PM
Old 10-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by s2000qtee,Oct 21 2004, 03:00 PM
Im good....Im in the process of transferring offices....3 blocks away No i dont have the same number...check ure PM
Where are you working now??? Still at the restaurant?? *hijack alert*
Old 10-21-2004, 12:20 PM

No Ive been doing real estate for 6 months on Wall Street....Im moving offices to John Street

Quick Reply: Anybody use Nextel?