New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Anybody use Nextel?

Old 10-19-2004, 04:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the text messaging on AT&T to send and receive e-mails (to other phones and to anyone with an e-mail address) a great deal .. nice to always have the connectivity.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:08 AM

I have two nextels and there are bad zones but like Dave said the DC is a great feature..
Old 10-19-2004, 08:06 AM
WPS

with verizon you can do emails, and internet using minutes but im in love with DC. even though verizon has unlimited m2m, sometimes you just want to holla instead of having a lOng conversation. there's virtually no dead spots with verizon though
hard decision

can you guys list different situations where you wouldn't get reception or what type of places
Old 10-19-2004, 09:17 AM

I used to have nextel and it sucked.....Definitely get verizon if u want to delet dropped calls from the radar....thats the best one...

I have T-Mobile now, and I have no complaints....its gotten better thru the years...my boyfriend is on the way rt now to get a new phone...hes leaving nextel
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Oct 18 2004, 07:53 PM
I have nextel. Although they do have dead spots, all cell companies do.

Their DC is invaluable, their customer support is ten leagues above the others, and their plans are good, especially the free incoming plans. I have had every single cell phone provider since the mid/late 90s and Nextel is the only one I have stuck with.

(Omnipoint, Mci. ATT, Tmobile, Nextel, Cingulair and Verizon)
Old 10-19-2004, 10:36 AM

Nextel saves me money... only worth it if everoyne you know has one, and the sevice can be terrible in some places.

Bleep: Done
Old 10-19-2004, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Oct 18 2004, 11:53 PM
I have nextel. Although they do have dead spots, all cell companies do.

their customer support is ten leagues above the others,
Their customer service was the WORST. Period. That is one of the main reasons I left Nextel. Basically they changed my plan without my okay and/ or knowledge. Then when I thought my contract ended in December, they said that since i "changed" my plan (which I didnt) my whole contract of 1 year was restarted! I flipped out....they put me on a plan where I get NO LONG DISTANCE, without my knowledge, then say they can prove it by a "recorded phone convo" Puh-leeze. They "couldnt find it" when I demanded to hear myself saying I accept the plan. THEN they kept ing up my bill and overcharging me. I would call and tell them I wanted a revised bill before I pay.....they never sent me a bill and I ended up making a settlement with them.

Nextel is . Unless ure whole posse has them, they are as useful as any really bad cell phone. Plus, options like easy text messaging or cameras on the phones arent available, yet their phones are really expensive and super ugly and large.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:55 AM

Nextel customer service blows compared to everyone elses. I had reported my phone intermittently not hanging up when i make phone calls. They took 2 months to finally give me a definate no in the refund of only a few $. I've been a nextel customer for 3 years uptill that happened. It was pretty clear that something was wrong because I never called even half what I did for years. They did some BS investigation and told me that I'd get nothing back. I call them back and they tell me there's nothing else to be done.

My dad with T-mobile on the other hand complained that he didn't like how his phone speaker sounded and t-mobile sent him a upgraded phone for free. This was after being a customer for 2 months.

My friend with verizon dropped her phone and it broke the screen. She called them up and they next day air'ed a free replacement phone. She was a customer for 5-6 months.

With AT&T, I called them up about 3 weeks after I signed up since the night before I was goofing around with the programming in the phone and screwed up the sim card. I called them up the next day when they were open and they helped me fix it. They then gave me 200 bonus minutes because I missed one day of calls because of ME screwing up the phone.

I was a customer for 3 years with nextel and the most I ever got was 50 free minutes one month because I stuck around to fill out a survey. Of course I rated everything a 1 or 0 because everything sucks.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I guess we all have different luck with everyone.

TMOBILE has the best cellular technology, but the reason I left is that EVERY MONTH my bill would be wrong, it it took me hours to get it resolved, 60% of the time I was on hold.

Nextel solved all my problems when ever I had them (almost never) and have never made a mistake on my bill. Its also nice not to be on hold for more than 2 minutes.

Att, when I had it, you couldnt make a call. Their circuits are always busy.

Cingulair, its ok.

Sprint, service is weird, phone rings (on callers end) even if you have no service, so they think you are avoiding them.

I dont have problems with nextel, I have a few dead spots in west bumperfu*ck long island, but other than that, its all gravy.

So, I recommend nextel. Different strockes for different folks.

Nextel business division is even better. For what you need dan, there is a reason why 98% of businesses that provide cellphones provide Nextel.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:38 PM

i have nextel...i made the switch from At&T GSM

my att phone used to drop calls like no other...i was with att service for about 6 years...i do agree that att customer service is better than nextel but dropped calls is the worst

the only reason i went to nextel is because of the free incoming calls (a big ) and the fact that everybody i know has a nextel so i can use the walkie talkie which is kinda cool...and its free

only two downsides that i see to nextel their expensive plans and you have to have the damn internet package in order to check text messages

i agree that every phone company has its dead spots but i have not had any problems here in northern NJ

Quick Reply: Anybody use Nextel?