New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Any iPhone users that previously had a Blackberry?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Davizzle,Dec 3 2008, 02:57 PM
get the htc touch

aka verizon xv6900
verizon = fail!
No discounts for having everything with them!!!
Home phone, home international calling, internet, Fios and wireless should = some kind of discount!! but no it doesn't

And their customer service is terrible. THEY CLOSE AT 6pm for sake. (not wireless)
Old 12-03-2008, 11:03 AM

the blackberry already does everything well (better than the sidekick, touch etc), its just the ipod integration and web browsing on the iphone is sick
Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the lowest plan which is with 450 anytime minutes. Along with data and unlimited text messaging. Those greedy AT&T folks decides to split data and text messaging so they can make even more money. The bill should run about $110 a month, tax included. However, I have a 20% corporate discount that brings the bill down to $83.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by TW00Si,Dec 3 2008, 03:06 PM
I have the lowest plan which is with 450 anytime minutes. Along with data and unlimited text messaging. Those greedy AT&T folks decides to split data and text messaging so they can make even more money. The bill should run about $110 a month, tax included. However, I have a 20% corporate discount that brings the bill down to $83.
isn't that 5000 night and weekend minutes though not unlimited?
Not that that's a big deal but I think it's a gip to not have unlimited.
But then they do roll over right?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you are right with the weekend minutes not being unlimited. For me, it doesn't really bother me because like you said, with the roll over minutes, I think I've gone over my minutes three times in the duration of 10 years being a AT&T customer.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Meh I always thought the battery life was acceptable to say the very least. If I do basic phone / text message use I get about 4 days out of it which is just as much as my previous razor. What really kills the battery is internet browsing / movie watching.

Yes, I use Gmail IMAP and it works perfectly with my phone.

I was under the impression AIM stayed signed on (have to select the option not to sign off when quit, that's how mine is set up)...

Iphone 3G will cost ya an extra 30 bucks a month. FWIW, verizon unlimited internet plan starts at 50 a month and only goes higher so its actually a pretty good deal.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Js S2k,Dec 3 2008, 03:09 PM
isn't that 5000 night and weekend minutes though not unlimited?
Not that that's a big deal but I think it's a gip to not have unlimited.
But then they do roll over right?
I believe you can pay an extra 5 bucks or something to have it be unlimited, not that I can imagine ever going through 5k minutes

I believe only the anytime minutes carry over.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I currently have both phones.

the original iphone & 3G iphone (gave it to my brother) and a verizon bb curve.

iphone to iphone, the original one to my standards was way better than the 3G version.

But

iphone - cool apps
bb - mediocre apps

iphone - no need for a mp3 player
bb - carry a ipod

iphone - cant hold a call to save its life
bb - calls stay even driving through tunnels

iphone - cant send picture messages
bb - yes you can

iphone - cant use another application while using another one - besides mp3 feature
bb - multiple usages at once without an issue

iphone - lose or break your in the dust
bb - insurance covers it

iphone - freezes way too much during regular usage
bb - never froze on me

iphone - texting blows, and it keeps making up words for me that i dont want to type
bb - buttons rule for me.

thats basically my observation. i still have both phones, but find myself not carrying the iphone when its not necessary.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by devs2k,Dec 3 2008, 03:03 PM
the blackberry already does everything well (better than the sidekick, touch etc), its just the ipod integration and web browsing on the iphone is sick
You should definitely check out the BB Bold. I was set on getting a Storm but after trying it out in the store, I was very unimpressed. It's ok to use, but I found it very slow in the store, and they told me that the demo models hadn't had the upgraded software. I went on the day of release, and the phones were freezing up. Unacceptable.

I tried out the BB Bold and I really like it - it has the same screen resolution as an iphone but a smaller screen, so it's even better quality. You can get videos from youtube and other things like powerpoint and word as well. My only complaint with the Bold is that it is not available with Verizon - it's projected to come out sometime in May for other carriers besides ATT.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:31 PM

by the way YES you can play music and movies on your blackberry curves, bold, & storm . ( so no need for ipod hehe )

Quick Reply: Any iPhone users that previously had a Blackberry?