New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

Any Bx or Manhattan Ownerz

Old 05-16-2011, 04:43 AM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SupaStar
Originally Posted by h i 9 h r 3 v z' timestamp='1305509216' post='20578577
^^SWEEEEET^^
Did you have a red ap2 with FL plates on Fordham rd at the gas station?
Na, I had a silverstone ap1. She got sold months ago
Now I'm looking for another one.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what your budget is but you can tack on an extra 150 to 200 for monthly parking. It's going to most likely be 200 though. I head up to the Bronx often and yeah the roads are horrible. You do get used to dodging potholes once you know your way around. I daily drive my S and let me tell you ... it looks like I do. This past winter my car took a beating.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i drive in nyc a lot on the weekends, but not to work during the week. it doesnt pay. i live in nj and work downtown nyc. i park on the street all over nyc and never had any problems. it is definitely doable.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:56 AM

that picture is sickk
Old 05-16-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc
Not sure what your budget is but you can tack on an extra 150 to 200 for monthly parking. It's going to most likely be 200 though. I head up to the Bronx often and yeah the roads are horrible. You do get used to dodging potholes once you know your way around. I daily drive my S and let me tell you ... it looks like I do. This past winter my car took a beating.
I been checking out garages around my neighborhood and theres an indoor for $200 and outdoor for $150.
I'm gonna see if any of the homeowners behind my building would rent me a spot.

Would u say that an ap2 is better at handling potholes and such since its suspension is not as firm as an ap1?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by orangebarius
i drive in nyc a lot on the weekends, but not to work during the week. it doesnt pay. i live in nj and work downtown nyc. i park on the street all over nyc and never had any problems. it is definitely doable.
Where downtown are u at? I work in tribeca.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by h i 9 h r 3 v z
Originally Posted by 2ks2knyc' timestamp='1305550785' post='20579750
I been checking out garages around my neighborhood and theres an indoor for $200 and outdoor for $150.

Would u say that an ap2 is better at handling potholes and such since its suspension is not as firm as an ap1?
I really wouldn't say one handles them better than the other since it's very doubtfull you will keep an OEM ride for long. I have yet to meet many that stay with OEM suspension aka the monster truck look lol kidding ... sorta .. but seriously the ap2 can be a bit smoother but a pothole is a pothole.

I also park in the city often and when you do it on a weekend basis or occasional, it's not that bad. Daily .. eeh I still say getting a garage is the best way to go. Parking in the Manhattan residantial areas is not the same as parking in comercial areas where you would most likely go if your just coming in for the weekend to hang at a bar or get something to eat. Areas that are much more congested like uptown can do damage on your bumper... unless you just head up there to hit the chimmey truck after a late night of drinking yummm
Old 05-16-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by h i 9 h r 3 v z' timestamp='1305563625' post='20580523
[quote name='2ks2knyc' timestamp='1305550785' post='20579750']

I really wouldn't say one handles them better than the other since it's very doubtfull you will keep an OEM ride for long. I have yet to meet many that stay with OEM suspension aka the monster truck look lol kidding ... sorta .. but seriously the ap2 can be a bit smoother but a pothole is a pothole.

I also park in the city often and when you do it on a weekend basis or occasional, it's not that bad. Daily .. eeh I still say getting a garage is the best way to go. Parking in the Manhattan residantial areas is not the same as parking in comercial areas where you would most likely go if your just coming in for the weekend to hang at a bar or get something to eat. Areas that are much more congested like uptown can do damage on your bumper... unless you just head up there to hit the chimmey truck after a late night of drinking yummm
[/quote]
Haha Monster truck look. I'll see how long I can hold out when I get my ride. When I had my S in Orlando I was looking
into bc racing coilovers. But out there the roads are sOo much better and parking forget about it.

Wow I haven't had a chimmey in ages. I'm gonna put that on my to get list. Do u hit up the truck on 178st and amsterdam?
Old 05-18-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by h i 9 h r 3 v z
Haha Monster truck look. I'll see how long I can hold out when I get my ride. When I had my S in Orlando I was looking
into bc racing coilovers. But out there the roads are sOo much better and parking forget about it.

Wow I haven't had a chimmey in ages. I'm gonna put that on my to get list. Do u hit up the truck on 178st and amsterdam?
Tell me about it. I have family and friends in Kissimie, Miami and Tampa. FL.. the sixth borugh as I like to call it is heaven for dropped cars. If the job market was better down there I would move yesterday and drive my S scrapping.

I used to hit up the chimmey truck when there was only ONE up there. It was next to a gas station and not far from a club I used to hit up. Now there are a few trucks. I haven't tried the one on 178 and amsterdam yet... then again I haven't been up in those parts to party in a while. Damn I'm getting old
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by h i 9 h r 3 v z' timestamp='1305579304' post='20581681

Tell me about it. I have family and friends in Kissimie, Miami and Tampa. FL.. the sixth borugh as I like to call it is heaven for dropped cars. If the job market was better down there I would move yesterday and drive my S scrapping.

I used to hit up the chimmey truck when there was only ONE up there. It was next to a gas station and not far from a club I used to hit up. Now there are a few trucks. I haven't tried the one on 178 and amsterdam yet... then again I haven't been up in those parts to party in a while. Damn I'm getting old
Yea I'm in the same boat. Maybe next year the market will pick up. I'm actually in Florida now for a few days and man every time I see an s2k I turn into a lil kid and start pointing. Today I saw one and my uncle said to me "selling that car was the worst mistake u made"

I think I know where your talking about, near 207st. Those parties get hotter in the summer and the mami's... u already know

Quick Reply: Any Bx or Manhattan Ownerz