New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

2013 NYR SCCA AutoX SChedule (Nassau Coliseum)

Old 03-15-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 NYR SCCA AutoX SChedule (Nassau Coliseum)

We're back! and our season starts soon.

All events are in Lot 6 or 8, Nassau Colesium, Uniondale, NY. Rain or Shine.

Saturday March 30 limit 55 drivers
Sunday April 7
Saturday May 11
Sunday May 12
Saturday June 15 - Evolution Performance Phase 1 Driving School & SCCA StartingLine School
Sunday June 16
Saturday July 20
Sunday August 4
Saturday August 24
Sunday August 25
Sunday Septermber 28
Sunday October 5
Sunday October 6
Sunday October 19
Sunday October 20

on site registration closes at 8:45am, $10 discount for pre-reg and pre-paying(FastLane CheckIn). This also will save you about hour not being on the walk up registration line. Just pull up to tech inspection w/ a print out of your receipt. This Fastlane CheckIn registration closes the Friday night before the event.

$45 for SCCA annual members.
$45+15 weekend membership (valid for 5 days, $15 discount on an annual membership) for non SCCA members.

Car must be good running order w/ no visible fluid leaks. Tires must not have any exposed cords or other defects.

Events happen rain, shine, or onset of super storm!

for more info:
NYR SCCA Discussion Froum, any questions, have 'em answered here
AutoX4u.com
Good info for novices
Welcome to NYR-SCCA
Follow us on Facebook w/ NYR Scca Solo.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How much is annual SCCA membership?

Is the March 30 test and tune event good for novices, or should they wait for the first regular event?

Are the events open to spectators? (I assume they just need to sign a waiver when they arrive.)

Do you have any recommendations on where to get a helmet? (I forgot if I need a L or XL.)
Old 03-24-2013, 10:03 AM

this year i am in,i will try to come to every Sunday event
I just need some SS zll
Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I should be there on april 7th...I have work on the weekends this month...
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM

I can help with 2 of those questions - loaner helmets are available (about 3 in rotation) and it is open to spectators who sign a waiver (free + get fashionable wristband).
SCCA annual is about $80 but haven't checked this year. If get a weekend membership can save receipt and apply the $15 toward an annual.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM

Also, I didn't see it noted otherwise - all events are novice friendly and include a novice drivers' walk of the course.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by dwight
How much is annual SCCA membership?

Is the March 30 test and tune event good for novices, or should they wait for the first regular event?

Are the events open to spectators? (I assume they just need to sign a waiver when they arrive.)

Do you have any recommendations on where to get a helmet? (I forgot if I need a L or XL.)
SCCA membership is $80/year. The weekend membership is $15 and you can use up to two of them (discount expires in 60 days) for credit with payment on the annual membership. So there is no rush on that. Come out on the 30th, there will still be instructors there to help you on that date. The event is open to anyone as long as they accept the waiver.

We have a few loaner helmets that you can share. When you go buy your own, please make sure you try one some to make sure they fit. This is critical. Bryan from JnJ Associates ill be there, he is our go to guy for our helmets. Ask others if you can try on their helmets if they are reletively recent, padding does squish down after years of use.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I haven't autox'd in long time. I've done it twice before when I lived upstate so I'm not a complete novice.

I'd rather get my own helmet than deal with a loaner.

Unfortunately I'm busy this weekend, so I can't autox, but I might be able to stop by on Saturday for a little bit to check it out and take some pictures. Maybe I'll get a chance to speak to Bryan.

For some reason I thought the $15 thing expired much sooner than 60 days.

By the way, October 5th is a Saturday, not a Sunday.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:33 AM

Dwight, definitely make your way to these events. This is where I met Steve and Alan. The auto-x speaks for it's self and the people are just as great too. Even in the pouring rain I have had a great time. Tony and Billman went as spectators when we hosted an s2k BBQ there. It really is chump change to run compared to other racing. You should also see my old S make an appearance. I bet that wild man Imran is taking good care of her.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:16 AM

Im trying my best to make it to the April 7th event.

Quick Reply: 2013 NYR SCCA AutoX SChedule (Nassau Coliseum)