New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

Looking to be......

Old 12-08-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions here, the question is whether it should be expressed.
I will get into this conversation more when I get back to my home computer.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by J-ROD1
Yup have had more then my fair share... The biggest thing I would worry about buying one out of state is rust Even if its not breaking through the paint yet the underside will be a pain to work on. I bought a eg hatch a few years back from somewhere that they salted the roads and although the paint was ok the suspension was welded together with rust The other main concern of mine is previous accidents. I hate cars that have had prior work done. Miles dont concern me... I would rather be changing out high mile bushings then dealing with rust and bondo. Are you planning on buying one already swapped? Because Im sure you know that comes with its own set of issues. If I decide to let my S going I have kicked around the idea of getting another 99-00 si It would be lucky number 5... owned them in every color but love the electron blue. I remember sitting in a ebp in high school in perfections showroom and wanting on more than anything in the world. I would love to find a super clean stock low mileage one if I go that route. Like you I want something I dont have to wrench on as much. Five hundred horse power is fun until it breaks and its one man power pushing

Thanks for all the useful info. So many of these cars are or have been beaten to a pulp so I think it is going to make it difficult to find one. The rust is a concern as I lke you would much rather fix/ replace bushings and not body work. I plan on doing the swap in the future if money allows. The only way I'd buy a swapped car is if it was not done by some shade tree mechanic, and has A/C. Ya 500 pnies is fun but to expensive anymore especially when it's your DD.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

HI! lol dear mr mustard, the k series was the best thing i ever did to my integRa. not even kidding and i have DONE A LOT OF THINGS TO THAT CAR. seriously the cam phasing + vtec is a pretty big leap on the technology utilized in the s2000. the s2000 is a "handling car". i use it as my daily lol, my track car is FWD + a K and it puts up a hell of a fight for being a STOCK engine.

hit me up man or anyone that wants to see how the thing drives i have no problem in de mystifying this misconception ;-)

here is a pic of her

btw i love my s LOTS would not give that shit up for the world.

ronnie or jake ! i need some help dialing in my new suspension on my s man! will help and feed you :-)

Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 PM

I'll add my two cents...

Coming from the auto-x arena, hatch Civics can be ridiculously fast under the right conditions. I get raw timed (beat outright) every now and then by '89 Civic Si hatches with ~90-110 whp. I won't say I'm a great driver, but I'm no slouch.

My last roommate owned a nationally competitive '89 Civic Si and that little bastard put a grin on my face every time I raced it. Around Sandia Motor Speedway, I was ~3 seconds slower per lap than my best lap with my S2000 in current trim. Per the data logger, it had slightly more grip on used auto-x street tires than my car with new auto-x street tires. The Civic consistently pulled 1.21 Gs and my car maxed out at 1.19 Gs in the same turn and same line. With the right setup, a Civic would be a badass track car.

Weight is king in a straight line or around turns. The '89 Hatch I've driven weighed ~1990 lbs. My S2k weighs ~2625 lbs. Both weights are without driver and ~1/3 tank of gas.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 PM

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/to..._fromsearch__1

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/to..._fromsearch__1

I haven't seen it....but I remember ya
Old 12-14-2011, 04:36 AM

Hey josh thanks for the links I have seen these two cars on RSW. The crx is pretty sweet I want something a little bigger. I'll have to call the guy on the hatch I have been debating on whether or not to.