New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

Looking to be......

Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO, no one will ever say the S2000 is fast car bro. Its slow as shit in a straight line, no one ever buys a S2000 for speed. Why would you make that argument? Just saying. I said a fast car. Either way, it's your money, do what you want, I was just stating my opinion. And My S2000 would stomp whatever civic you build on a real track, not a drag strip. LOL, have a good one bro.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 AM

I'm sure an S2000 could beat my GSR. However, my GSR can do something that no other S2000 can do. It can carry landscape timbers, roof shingles, bags of concrete, a 72" couch (good thing I was driving in El Paso when I was hauling it...lol) and three grandkids.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by RonnieB
LMAO, no one will ever say the S2000 is fast car bro. Its slow as shit in a straight line, no one ever buys a S2000 for speed. Why would you make that argument? Just saying. I said a fast car. Either way, it's your money, do what you want, I was just stating my opinion. And My S2000 would stomp whatever civic you build on a real track, not a drag strip. LOL, have a good one bro.

I made the arguement because you said a a K20 hatch is slow and this is an s2000 website so I compared it to that car as that is what you drive. Ronnie I am sorry but you are clearly taking this the wrong way. I am not putting your s2000 down nor anyone elses. What I am saying is for me drag racing is what interest me and after your comment about a K20 hatch being "a boring looking car, still not relatively fast by any means," and the stating how your S2000 will kill any civic I build is just plain rude and unnecessary man. I never asked for a compare this car to this one and I'll tell you why mine is better thread. Please this is not an opinion thread, all I posted was that I'm looking for a good clean car, not some opinion on why it is a slow car and how you'd never own one.

Back on topic
Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM

LMAO, I'm just giving you shit man. It's cool. Figured an online forum, was open to opinions.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 PM

For me what it came down to is I'm excited to finally get one I have been waiting for about 3 years, and your just telling me it's a POS and worthless. That's the last thing any fellow car enthusiast want to hear about a car they really like. Sorry for jumping out a little bit at you Ronnie but dam I am really looking forward to getting one.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:27 PM

but why? That platform is so boring now. So many nice cars out now. JMHO.
Well my opinion is that its a great platform... I have had more civics then I can count and had it not been for a jackass back in 06 I would still have my eg hatch that I had owned since I was 16... I dont know how you can say its boring "now"? People have been modifying 32 fords since before we were all born and I hope to build one some day. Are they boring also? Sure theirs nicer platforms out there... theirs better platforms then the S2000 for "real tracks". But for the price you cant beat the performance and reliability. Just like building a civic for drag racing like he wants. What other 4 cylinder can you build for that price.

My S2000 was a fast car bro... thats right I said it It wasn't slow as shit in a straight line... I bought mine for speed... and yes I had to do a lot to get the speed I wanted but thats the game right? Thats why you modified yours so you would have a better time on your "real track" right? Just saying everyone has there own opinions about platforms they pick and what there plan is going to be with it. I have been out on both sandia and Abq dragway and they are both real tracks.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:47 PM

Well Col. It's fun to build up a fast car. It does get old at times. though seems to always be enjoyable.

If I spot the type of platform you are looking for, I will let you know.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by J-ROD1
Originally Posted by RonnieB' timestamp='1323187531' post='21214907
but why? That platform is so boring now. So many nice cars out now. JMHO.
Well my opinion is that its a great platform... I have had more civics then I can count and had it not been for a jackass back in 06 I would still have my eg hatch that I had owned since I was 16... I dont know how you can say its boring "now"? People have been modifying 32 fords since before we were all born and I hope to build one some day. Are they boring also? Sure theirs nicer platforms out there... theirs better platforms then the S2000 for "real tracks". But for the price you cant beat the performance and reliability. Just like building a civic for drag racing like he wants. What other 4 cylinder can you build for that price.

My S2000 was a fast car bro... thats right I said it It wasn't slow as shit in a straight line... I bought mine for speed... and yes I had to do a lot to get the speed I wanted but thats the game right? Thats why you modified yours so you would have a better time on your "real track" right? Just saying everyone has there own opinions about platforms they pick and what there plan is going to be with it. I have been out on both sandia and Abq dragway and they are both real tracks.

Hey man I didn't know you have owned a lot of civics. Is there anything to look for common in the 92-00 years that is a big problem, or that may cause problems down the road? Do you have any advice on buying on or if it is easier to get one out of state?
Thanks

Originally Posted by Raven628
Well Col. It's fun to build up a fast car. It does get old at times. though seems to always be enjoyable.

If I spot the type of platform you are looking for, I will let you know.
I have built several cars so far in my life and yes it get old. I am tired of all the up keep on high horse power cars and the staying up late to fix things on sunday night. I have been there to many times, its only cool if its not your daily driver. Thanks man and did they get the bolt out of your manifold for you. You also have to make one more meet before you split town.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Yup have had more then my fair share... The biggest thing I would worry about buying one out of state is rust Even if its not breaking through the paint yet the underside will be a pain to work on. I bought a eg hatch a few years back from somewhere that they salted the roads and although the paint was ok the suspension was welded together with rust The other main concern of mine is previous accidents. I hate cars that have had prior work done. Miles dont concern me... I would rather be changing out high mile bushings then dealing with rust and bondo. Are you planning on buying one already swapped? Because Im sure you know that comes with its own set of issues. If I decide to let my S going I have kicked around the idea of getting another 99-00 si It would be lucky number 5... owned them in every color but love the electron blue. I remember sitting in a ebp in high school in perfections showroom and wanting on more than anything in the world. I would love to find a super clean stock low mileage one if I go that route. Like you I want something I dont have to wrench on as much. Five hundred horse power is fun until it breaks and its one man power pushing
Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 AM

Holy fuc*ing sensitive people. Let's everyone cry more. Hey no more opinions in this thread dammit.

Quick Reply: Looking to be......