New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

Honda Service Help

Old 09-20-2012, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Service Help

To anyone that can help or provide some information

Here is the quick run down. I own a 2006 S2000 with 29700 miles on it. I am the second owner. All maintenance has been done by a dealership.
The original owner I bought it from is a good family friend and I know he babied the car. I have only put about 4k miles on it.
Right after the originally owner bought the car new, he had to get head/valve work done to it under warranty. (don't know what exactly and mileage, need to look at records).

Yesterday I was driving to church which is about 10 miles from my house. With about 1/2 miles to go my motor started making a really really bad loud metallic clicking sound. I took it to a friend of a friends shop today for diagnostics. They pulled the valve cover and said I have a stuck valve and that it is probably bent. I do not drive the car hard, usually never go above 5k. Aren't these motors suppose to take much more abuse than 5k?

It seems to me that this car has something wrong with it from the manufacture since it is low mileage, has been adult driven, all maintenance from dealer, and that this problem has happened before. The car is not under warranty since 3 years has passed since originally purchased.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get this fixed for as cheaply as possible?
Since head work was done already at a dealership, is it possible to have warranty on that work?

Leon
Old 09-20-2012, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i know they car might be out of wmanufacture warranty but they work that there dealer ship did might be under their warrenty... i would check into that first and make sure you dont make any wrong moves that could void any warranty.

These motors are strong and last forever, even if driven hard. my car is a '05 with 126k and i drive it like i stole it, because it looks like i stole it

Let us know what the dealership says.

Doug

Oh yeah, do not drive it untill this gets resolved, i would trailer it to the dealership.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the reply Doug.
The only 2 things are: It is not under manufacturers warrenty because it is too old (not because of miles), and the work was done at a dealership in Houston, TX
Old 09-20-2012, 01:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks!!

I wonder why the original owner took it in at such a "young" age on the motor? Were they hearing the TCT? Valves out of adjustment? Man, that really is too bad. It sucks that the dealership is all the way in Houston.

You could call Honda Customer Service and see if they will do anything for you. It would be nice if you could take it to Garcia and get the work done for a reduced rate at least - I mean c'mon a certified Honda dealer F'ed it up right?
Old 09-20-2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by raikouS2K
I mean c'mon a certified Honda dealer F'ed it up right?
Just seems like this specific car has had something wrong with it ever since it left the manufacture. Doesn't make sense to me whatsoever.
It was running so good and smooth yesterday until, all of a sudden, a loud metallic clicking sound started.

Anyone know someone specific at Garcia that might be able to help?

Leon
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 PM

My low mileage AP1 motor started knocking at 35k miles. Unfortunately it does happen. At least it'll be cheaper to fix the head than having to replace the whole motor like I had to.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM

Most of the time this happens because people miss shift and float a valve. Either get a new head or take it off and have it built like Will did.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:32 AM

If you didn't do anything to cause it. What I would do is call coporate. I did it for my 350z. I had the window done at nissan dealership in OK. I got to el paso, called coporate and they scheduled my appt here w/ casa nissan. If a dealership installed it most things have a warranty. My window motor had a yr warranty and any dealership (same Company) will fix it and long as you have the receipt from the service done. They'll get credit for it anyway. Understand that different parts might have a different amount of time for the warranty on the work done though. Good luck.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by crx7571
... What I would do is call coporate. I did it for my 350z....
I actually called American Honda on Friday and have a case opened with them. I also went through all the records of the car.

10/29/06
Vehicle purchase brand new

12/27/07
16,391 miles
Cylinder #3 loss of pressure, exhaust valve bent. Head pulled by dealership and rebuilt.
Honda paid the bill.

12/11/10
24,229 miles
Cylinder #3 carbon buildup, cleaned, and valves adjusted at dealership

11/2011
25,5xx
I purchased the car from a good family friend who rarely drove it.

9/19/12
29,700 miles
Driving normal, bad clicking noise in exhaust side, seems to be cylinder #3.

Funny to me that it is always cylinder #3. We will see what Honda says
Old 09-24-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you have a good amount of recorded with mileage and a good case. Hope it works out for you!

Quick Reply: Honda Service Help