New Mexico and West Texas New Mexico and West Texas S2000 Owners.

Fall Tour

Old 09-22-2010, 06:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummmmm. If we do leave on Friday then i dont see why you two cant go do stuff while the other guys are messing around and what not. (Jessica and i are hoping to get up to the Cliff Dwellings one way or another was well so she might enjoy that too)
Old 09-25-2010, 04:20 PM

The drive is still on. I got a set of rooms blocked for us at the Comfort Inn in SilverCity for a low price of $80.00 plus tax. That includes breakfast and all their stuff. I will post up the phone number and info of how to get your room tomorrow. Space is limited so you will need to jump on this. And if you ARE going please pm me so I can get your info inorder to get your custom shirt made a drive packet sent to you.
Thanks, Doug
Old 09-27-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Doug, well I went to work tonight to find out a new schedule is in the works.
The good news is I won't work as much as I had to when we went to 8 hour shifts. They are sorting out the details in the morning. So not sure how this is going to work out.

Now, with the car in pieces I am hoping to get into the paint booth later in the next three days to prime. After a bunch of wet sanding and getting that done, then the base then the clear coat and puttting it back together again.

As I find out things I will let you know. Hopefully this works out. But at this time I am not sure. This shit is driving me crazy...

Hope you understand buddy.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:33 AM

No worries man. I think having the car completly apart is a pretty good excuse.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:10 AM

Our hotel is the Comfort Inn of Silver City. Place your reservations asap, I do have rooms blocked out for us so tell them you are with the group of "s2ki" and you will get the discount of $89.99 tax for the night.

Comfort Inn Silver City.
1060 E. Us Hwy 180, Silver City, NM 88061
(575) 534-1883
Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 AM

we are going to have Saturday's lunch at a park downtown. Dinner will be decided upon request of whoever shows up.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 PM

Doug, Lara and i had one hell of a weekend! It was nice to get out of town and go on a great drive with you guys. The road that we took to the lake was one of the best roads i have ever been on (and ive been on the boston mountain tour) there were lots of S turns and quark screw turns. We also enjoyed the cat walk we did on sunday, i have never been in a place like that before, we got alot of great pics that will have to be posted soon.
I also thank you for the tshirt we all got with our names on them, i have to say you organized this well and i wish more people would have joined us but maybe it was more fun without a large group. Maybe someday people will get the picture and join us on more of these drive. This community needs to be more organized like others. Dont get discouraged doug, just keep up with what you're doing!!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 AM

Waiting for pics......
Old 10-19-2010, 10:50 AM

It was a GREAT trip! The perfect weekend to see the fall colors in the Gila. Many thanks to Doug for putting this all together. Here are a few pictures:
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM

Hey you guys! I want to thank Jason, Phil and Roger plus the ladies for making this an amazing experience and for the encouragement through the long organization process. I had such a great time driving 650 miles in 2 days through the gila forest, up to the lake and to the radio telescopes.

Thanks for posting some of your pics phil.

Doug

At the i-25 turn off. We were able to see a small damn for Elephant Butte across the way.

Just a random pic about to go through a old metal bridge.

By croftoncustoms at 2010-10-19

At the top of Emory Pass! What a great group of people ready for the adventure down the mountain without tons of rocks pelting our cars.

At a copper dig site. What an amazing amount of destruction man can do for some natural materials. It was kind of a shock to drive through some beautiful mountains and then find this at the end.

On the road again!

Lunch in Silver City! This place was actually pretty good!

On the way to the Lake!

typical photographers!

At the CatWalk on sunday.

Roger and i Hiked to the top of this mountain by the catwalk parkinglot where a old mine or something was. Made for a good shot of the gang way down below.

Our final stop at the Very Large Array of Radio Telescopes.

Quick Reply: Fall Tour