New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

World Cup Soccer

Old 05-23-2006, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Cup Soccer

I'll be supporting my team Portugal! Ranked #7.

Games are going to start on Jun 9th with Germany vs Costa Rica

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/index.html
Old 05-23-2006, 07:46 PM

i totaly forgot .. that sucks, i hate it .. my father is a fanatic to the extreme...and thats when im gonna be with him in spain.. now he is going to be glued to the TV..
Old 05-23-2006, 10:44 PM

You know me and my Porkchop buddies will be watching the games!

Heck, we watch all sorts of watches via satellite during the week like the euro-cup, Super-Liga,Eufa and Champions leagues etc. There are all sorts of games during the week way before the WC even starts. But We cant wait for this WC : This is the most exciting futebol series of all!

In case you dont know Jorge, Portugal's 1st game is June 11th at 3.PM vs Angola. Even Eusebio says it will be a close game
Old 05-24-2006, 12:13 AM

My girlfriend is from Costa Rica so we'll be watching.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:49 AM

Jorge, check out "www.PortugueseSoccer.com" for updates on games etc

ALSO, support the team by getting some gear at www.Soccer.Com and just type in search word "portugal" and all of thier products will come up. Or if you want, i am a member there and get thier "goal-club" pricing so i can get any item discounted. Let me know if you are interested in something, i can get it for you.

Weve bought several shirts/hats and the Port warmup jacket! Were ready! 18 More Days Till the WC !!!

Well actually 16, but 18 more days till Portugals 1st game
Old 05-24-2006, 06:31 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

I can't wait for WC! I like C. Ronaldo for Man U on Portugal, but we all know who is going to win it... Brazil! I can't get enough of Ronaldinho. Brazil's team is like the dream team of soccer; Cafu, Kaka, Robinho, Ronaldo... how can they be stopped?

http://ronaldinho-uk.com/content/view/117/47/
Old 06-08-2006, 06:17 PM

3 more days for my team!

World Cup Soccer: Angola vs. Portugal
First round, from Cologne, Germany.
June 11: 3:00PM ESPN2

Other matches:
Jun 17 POR : IRN 9:00am
Jun 21 POR : MEX 10:00am

Interesting about this game is that we where their former colonial ruler. Also most of Angolas team has played or is currently playing for Portugal club teams. So it will be very interesting to see how this pans out. Vic you are correct this will be a very close match indeed!
Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 AM

Not too much of a fan. More interest in the Stanley Cup now with the Whale leading the series final, I mean Hurricanes.
Then July kicks off the tour de france.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:40 AM

What is a Stanly Cup?

Its funny most everyone i come in contact with or know personally both at work and outside of work is into soccer like i am and cannot wait for this! Maybe its because we were brought up in another countries traditions. If you ever go overseas, you find that soccer (Football) is the only sport played and talked about on international TV. If you have a satelite TV like i do, go through the channels ... Soccer is being broadcast all over the place !!! Except for TV here wE cant figure how it has never grown a following here, yet every other part of the world its religion!!!

Germany plays 1st game in 2 hours 20 min !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2006, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by paivag,Jun 8 2006, 09:17 PM
3 more days for my team!

World Cup Soccer: Angola vs. Portugal
First round, from Cologne, Germany.
June 11: 3:00PM ESPN2

Other matches:
Jun 17 POR : IRN 9:00am
Jun 21 POR : MEX 10:00am

Interesting about this game is that we where their former colonial ruler. Also most of Angolas team has played or is currently playing for Portugal club teams. So it will be very interesting to see how this pans out. Vic you are correct this will be a very close match indeed!
Angola has no experience at this level, and its thier 1st World cup showing ever. From the standings and what the newscasters on RTP have been saying they are confidant they will win versus Angola and Iran. The tough game will be vs Mexico as they are ranked higher and have always had a very good team. That will be an interesting game to watch for sure!

Scolari has gotten offers already to coach England has refused thier offers. If he takes Portugal far, im sure he will get offers for coaching jobs everywhere for the next WC. I belive his contract is up after this year. That will actually be good for us, as Mourinho wants to coach the national team "in the near future" or when his contract runs out and he goes elsewhere. Mourinho is very successful and brought Porto to national Champions and also in the UEFA and Champions league. He also took Chelsea (where he is in England currently) to national champion status. I forgot the exact number, but i think it was something like 18 yrs around there that Chelsea had not won the National championship in England! He is signed for a few more years with them, but he already said he would like to eventually come back to take Portugal to the same degree of success in the future as he has with Porto and Chelsea in England

Quick Reply: World Cup Soccer