Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah boy
Old 01-27-2004, 05:01 PM

NICE GARAGE!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 08:37 AM

Here's a tip that works well for S2000s in storage:

Take a fist full of mothballs and put them in an old tall sock, then tie a knot in the sock to keep them in there. Slip the sock-o-balls in the snout of the air cleaner, and leave the tall end of the sock sticking out of the hood so you will remember it's in there.

This will keep any mice from making their home in your air cleaner -- a problem I have experienced before.

I also set up a number of mouse traps inside the garage and tend them regularly. I installed an electronic ultrasonic noise making pest repeller in the garage as well, but tending my traditional mousetraps indicates that the mice don't really seem to mind the noise -- so save you money on electronic pest repellers...

Kind Regards, Chris

Old 01-31-2004, 10:40 AM

I definitely agree that the ultrasonic noise generators absolutely do not work. I have been trapping mice in my garage since the fall. I caught six of them in spring traps before I started dropping mothballs along the inside garage perimeter. I haven't noticed any activity since and my traps have been empty.

Living in the woods is great except in the winter when the wildlife decides to move in "rent free".

It would be easier if our cat was a little bit more motivated, too.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:56 AM

For those who have been storing their cars over the long winter, how do you maintain your battery?

Last winter, I had to replace my OEM Panasonic battery. It was on a trickle charger, too.

BTW... awesome garage floor above. It look's like a Griot Garage catalogue.

Go Pats!

John
Old 02-01-2004, 04:43 AM

come to think of it, it does look like a Griots garage catalog garage I used to get that catalog, great stuff for the garage and car enthusiast
Old 02-01-2004, 07:47 AM

I used two small trickle "smart" chargers last winter for two sports cars and they are again in place now. One is from Griots and one is from a marine supply store. The trickle chargers I'm using have both LEDs that show the state of the charging process and they stop charging at various intervals. No problems have been noted with either battery.

The S2000 battery is very small (not much lead/acid) and does not look like it should last more than about 2 years -- especially in a car with a high compression engine that is probably not driven too regularly. The plate structure is probably designed more for producing high cranking current than for sitting unused and being charged repeatedly.

The only problem with letting cats into the garage is that they walk all over the cars and get into other things they shouldn't, so I think it is better to leave them locked out and use traps and mothballs inside. It is important to tend your traps regularly and to rebait with fresh peanut butter periodically. The cats do a good job outside the garage keeping down the varmint population.

Kind Regards, Chris

PS: The only place I've ever had mice go in the S2000 is in the airbox, as it's a pretty tight car. The sock-o-balls fixes that problem 100%.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:45 AM

Hmm, I should get one of these trickle chargers. The battery we have is so small
Old 02-17-2004, 09:45 AM

No mice in my garage.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:47 AM

My garage is coming along. A few more touches with the cabinets and off to the flooring

Quick Reply: Winter storage