New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Wife wanting to Drive

Old 02-17-2006, 04:11 AM

Received 3,211 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi,Feb 17 2006, 01:55 AM
simple question - which do you love more?
Now that says it all.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by s4000k racing,Feb 16 2006, 11:24 PM
like lainey said 'tihs" happens to girls more than boys hahahah sorry ladies but its true
Tony, Lainey said S##T happens. Not, " that it happens more to girls than boys"

It would appear I've been mis quoted.

I love this thread!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a girl drive as everyone knows...i don't let anyone drive my S. (only my dad on a very rare occasion). So the boyfriend for now does not drive it. I probably would never let him drive it. I work to hard for it and it will be all mine soon. yeah.

But if you want her to drive it, just teach her how you drive it..(just not the fast way!) when i bought my S I learned how to drive stick on this car, and it is still running after all this time.

So that should say something about the quality in the S. hehehe

miranda
Old 02-17-2006, 05:21 AM

Miranda!
Old 02-17-2006, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Feb 17 2006, 08:05 AM
they have over 32,000 body shops in the United States

what the worst that can happen
Thanks Steve, that make me reasured. Yes, her car is a stick, so I have noproblems there. It's just that she always crawls up other drivers asses and then she complains about all the chips in the hood/ bumper of her car. It makes me worried.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Feb 17 2006, 09:21 AM
Miranda!
hi Lainey
Old 02-17-2006, 05:52 AM

Let's be realistic, we can make an easy decision here based on the costs involved. It's much easier than trying to quantify love for each of the objects in question. How much does a new S2000 cost? Also, how hard is it to replace an S2000? From your profile... I see you drive a 2003 S2000. What are those worth? Maybe a bit over $20k I think. As far as replacing it, that's pretty easy... I bet you could have a fine substitute in your garage in under a month.

Now let's look at the cost of replacing your wife. A quick search says that the average divorce may cost $18k Already the S2000 is looking like the cheaper of the two. Not to mention that a divorce takes a year or two to finalize. Then you'd have to get a new wife. So let's factor in the cost and time required by that endeavor. If you move fast, you might get here in a year, as for the cost... that's even worse than the cost of ridding yourself of the previous offending spouse. Once again, the wisdom of google comes into play and spits out a figure of ~$35k for the average CT wedding. That's over $50k to replace the wife, you could replace your S2000 twice for that sum.

No contest. Let the wife drive the car. In this case it's much quicker and cheaper to do. I suppose if it come to the point where you're buying your 3rd replacement car due to spousal driving error, you might want to reconsider. Also, if you find yourself driving a rare and more expensive car like an original Shelby Cobra, recalculate. In the case of a Cobra the choice would be easy as well; contact your favorite divorce lawyer and start hitting the popular singles spots.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's TOO damn funny!!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by elmmx5,Feb 17 2006, 06:52 AM
Let's be realistic, we can make an easy decision here based on the costs involved. It's much easier than trying to quantify love for each of the objects in question. How much does a new S2000 cost? Also, how hard is it to replace an S2000? From your profile... I see you drive a 2003 S2000. What are those worth? Maybe a bit over $20k I think. As far as replacing it, that's pretty easy... I bet you could have a fine substitute in your garage in under a month.

Now let's look at the cost of replacing your wife. A quick search says that the average divorce may cost $18k Already the S2000 is looking like the cheaper of the two. Not to mention that a divorce takes a year or two to finalize. Then you'd have to get a new wife. So let's factor in the cost and time required by that endeavor. If you move fast, you might get here in a year, as for the cost... that's even worse than the cost of ridding yourself of the previous offending spouse. Once again, the wisdom of google comes into play and spits out a figure of ~$35k for the average CT wedding. That's over $50k to replace the wife, you could replace your S2000 twice for that sum.

No contest. Let the wife drive the car. In this case it's much quicker and cheaper to do. I suppose if it come to the point where you're buying your 3rd replacement car due to spousal driving error, you might want to reconsider. Also, if you find yourself driving a rare and more expensive car like an original Shelby Cobra, recalculate. In the case of a Cobra the choice would be easy as well; contact your favorite divorce lawyer and start hitting the popular singles spots.
Dude, it's Friday. Try not to be so logical OK?

The wife and I share the car in this household. We bought it for each other. But she knows who ridiculous I can be about taking care of the car and she respects the "extra mile" I put into taking care of it.

So we park it in the back of the Parking lot, away from other cars. She doesn't get behind 18 wheelers which are kicking up rocks at the hood. She knows that a pothole in the road best be avoided as to not warp a rim. All in all she is very careful with it.

In turn, I never get on her case about it. Just gotta keep saying to yourself "She knows what to do and what not to do" and trust that. She is a smart girl, no need to treat her like she isn't. So I never fret when she takes the car alone.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gladwins,Feb 17 2006, 10:06 AM
Dude, it's Friday. Try not to be so logical OK?

In turn, I never get on her case about it. Just gotta keep saying to yourself "She knows what to do and what not to do" and trust that. .....
Just remember Scott just got married this past summer

he's still in that "i love you pookie bear, NO i love snuggle bunny" stage

Quick Reply: Wife wanting to Drive