me! me! me drives my car in snow...
Old 12-05-2002, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cape Cod
[B]Not if you are tall.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:44 PM
mas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! That's a good number, good to know.

So, how was the drive today? Today I had the first ever problem driving in winter and I still don't know what happened. I was picking up my car from the collision repair shop after they replaced the rear right control arm. The shop is located at the end of a street that's steep (i.e. you have to drive uphill as you're getting out of there). As I picked up my car and started driving out of there, I could not move the car up the street. Not even an inch! It would not slip or slide or anything, it was just like it had no power - The LSD, I guess?

Ok, so I got out of there from the back street. The same thing happened on the street where I live, it's inclined but not really that much. The car would just not move at all! Now I'm really worried. Sure there was snow on the road but it was just a couple inches and I've driven my car last winter on the same snow tires thru all these roads ( and worst ) with no problems whatsoever. What's happening here, any ideas? Could it be the differential is screwed up after the accident??
Old 12-05-2002, 03:04 PM
Community Organizer

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

What tires are on your S. If you have S-02's its because..........well they don't drive on snow at all!!!!!!! We are talking a hockey puck!

If you have snow tires on your car then you need new ones!!!

My drive today SUCKED!!!!!!! I got LM-22's and was all over the place. Though everybody else was on the road too.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:47 PM

guys i took mine out last night, even in the salt and sand on the road just because i forgot to fill the tank up with gas when she goes to sleep for the next 5 months 5 months oh dear god thats to long
Old 12-05-2002, 06:49 PM

My drive was fine, took my time, hell I even took the back roads like I do any other day. My S just stayed steady with not the least slip or slide all the way home. Going home my drive is about an hour and a half and today it was an hour fifty minutes.

Can anyone tell me where that secret auto-wash button is? I have not used it since last year, just having a senior moment.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:24 PM
mas

I have the Pirelli 210 winter tires and I've been using them for years now. Never had a problem before today and it was not really that bad of weather as some other days I recall from last year. The tires are pretty much new, only used for half a winter last year. The thing is, the tires did not slip or slide at all. I was able to brake without any problems and my car was handling much better than my wife's accord with all seasons.

:-(

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinky
[B]What tires are on your S.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:30 AM

Originally posted by speedfreak
guys i took mine out last night, even in the salt and sand on the road just because i forgot to fill the tank up with gas when she goes to sleep for the next 5 months 5 months oh dear god thats to long
And now you are going to store it with all this crap stuck to the undercarriage??? Please tell me you are going to find a way to wash hell out of the underside. I think I would have taken just a gas can to the station. Good luck getting it clean!
Old 12-06-2002, 05:13 AM

Oh i'm sure Max will clean his S top to bottom before she goes away he's good like that....

when will this sn%w stop i looked so forward to driving this morning got up early to clean her and warm her up but the damn thing WOULD NOT get out of the driveway..
Old 12-06-2002, 06:12 AM

Originally posted by Triple-H

Strange. I have more headroom in the car with the hardtop on than I do with the soft top up.
Possibly it's the position of the seat? I have the seat all the way back, and my head is immediately below a space between the metal roof spanners giving me an added inch. The hardtop is uniformly below the metal supports, and thus there are no pockets of added headroom???? Or is it that you feel you have more headroom with the hardtop because it is solid and quiet and you don't have the sensation of the roof above as profoundly? All I can tell you is I wanted a hardtop from day one. Just on the off chance there would be a problem with my fit, I sat in one with a hardtop. I straightened my back and sat up straight, and my head hit it. Any other thoughts on this?

Quick Reply: Who's driving their S2000s in winter?