New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Track event, anyone?

Old 01-25-2002, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cybercfp - That e-mail sounds like great news! When I read the website it left me in a state of confusion as far as what the rules really were.

Places to stay:
Seneca Lodge- old racing memorobilia in the bar like YOU WILL NOT see any other place in the world. Not great rooms, not a bad price, close to the track. 607-535-2014.

Villager Motel- I have never stayed there but others I know have. Specify you want to be on the 2nd floor. Down in the village a couple of miles from the track. 607-535-7159.

Budget Inn- Clean, cheap, across from the grocery store and a couple of miles from the track. This is not a luxury environment! 607-535-4800.

Have a blast and don't lift in turn 10!
Old 01-25-2002, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stayed at the Seneca Lodge. Very basic but the bar is interesting, as Triple-H indicated. Walk the Glen if you have time. It's about a mile from the Seneca Lodge and is a very unique gorge.

The whole town is into racing. There are amazing autosport pictures and prints everywhere in town.

Very nice people, too!

Enjoy!
Old 01-26-2002, 09:51 AM

To everyone...

A few of us have attended a SCDA event last year. Out of the large initial response to be at NHIS for the SCDA event, only 4 of us showed up.

SCDA was very excited to have us there and were looking forward for our participation this year. As I have said in other posts about this. SCDA has us approved to run our cars with the stock roll bars, top down at NHIS and Watkins Glen. The only way we can run our cars at Limerock (at a SCDA event) is with an approved aftermarket rollbar. Approved meaning meeting all requirements from SCCA.

Ian Prout of SCDA has been in contact with my self letting me know of their schedule, and we should be putting together at least one Track Day Event this year. I hope to have one at Watkins Glen and one at Limerock. The discount program that have is with a minimum of 10 cars (I need to verify this again). But in any case I think it is well worth the money to go. SCDA had a very large turnout of cars showing up at the NHIS Event last year... and there were 4 half hour driving sessions and two half hour sessions of school, and one half hour session of working on the track. It was very educational and A LOT OF FUN! Meaning that even with the large amount of cars being at this event... we were still able to have a lot of track time. Just for a reference... I pulled into NHIS with a FULL tank of gas... by the time the day was over I had 0 to 1 BAR of gas left in my tank!

But let us see what the response is at the upcoming Board Meeting, and lets see if we can nail down some dates.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:24 AM

The S2000 gets about 8-9mpg at NHIS... My NSX does better!
Old 01-26-2002, 10:40 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2ktaxi
[B]The S2000 gets about 8-9mpg at NHIS...
Old 01-26-2002, 05:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]
Old 01-26-2002, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Francis,

I kind of stumbled onto the invitation...something like being in the right place and talking to the right people at the right time. I got the impression it was very exclusive, and definitely by invitation only, so I wouldn't want to have everyone show up and get them ticked at me. I'll have new tires on order from Tire Rack, but won't have them mounted until after the event. Either way, if the weather is bad, I probably won't run...
Old 01-26-2002, 10:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B]
Old 01-27-2002, 06:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by demonderrick
[B]

I think you misunderstood his meaning... he was showing off !!
a SC'ed NSX have the better gas mileage than a stock S2K on the track....!!
Old 01-27-2002, 08:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nimbus
[B]

Hey, I didn't post that message.

Quick Reply: Track event, anyone?