New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Tool Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tool Thread

Were whoring out Kenta's thread pretty bad with off-topic tool discusssion so lets use this one for tool related jibber jabber

Crafstman Hand tools FTW
Old 04-14-2009, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, I just thought about making one but figured once I did it would just get hijacked to something else anyways.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:23 PM

well anyways I personally like craftsman tools, with the lifetime warranty and a much cheaper price than snap on.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:24 PM

I totall disagree. Snapon makes a great line of professional tools.
I have never broken a snapon tool yet.
I have broke a few craftsman tools and even wore out the ratchet mechanism on a few.

craftsman is great for the backyard guys, If you do it all day long then SnapOn is the winner.

This is knot an alter ego.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:27 PM

I do it all day and use craftsman with no problems, I have seen others have problems with snap on and craftsman, I have not had a problem. Either way you look at it, tools are breakable no matter what they have a chance of breaking? Now we all agree on that correct?
They both have lifetime warrantys.
But craftsman is much cheaper.
Thanks we win lol
Old 04-14-2009, 06:40 PM

Gotta go with Jordans take here, unless im making mucho bux wrenching I dont see the need to spend the Big $ on basically the same tools. The other exception would be unless craftsman does not make a specialized tool I would have a need for.

Put the profit $ in your pocket not your over expensive but otherwise nice snap-ons.

But I like em all, even my xcheap chinese ones as those are the ones you can throw and dont have to go back and look for when you calm down
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM

i have an assortment of tools, almost all of my ratchets are sk's due to the fact that the ratchets have more teeth so they dont need to be turned as far to grab. my power tools are dewalt, period. i only have a couple air tools so i'm not going to get into them. and i have a few craftsman tools thrown in the mix, jacks, couple hand tools and wrenches. to be honest, the quality of my craftsman tools just aren't as high as my snap ons or sk's. but for the price they certainly aren't bad. by this i mean fit and finish as well as functionality. i'm surprised nobody mentioned gear wrenches yet, if you haven't tried them you really dont know what your missing. and lastly, price doesn't trump functionality in my tool box. I recently bought a stanley, by no means an expensive brand, ratchet. the reason i bought it is because when you turn the handle, the drive turns. awesome feature
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Apr 14 2009, 09:40 PM
even my xcheap chinese ones as those are the ones you can throw and dont have to go back and look for when you calm down
Yeah I would knot care about them after breaking a knuckle either.

Have fun with inferior tools.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 PM

I will say that I am kind of disapointed that none of you guys have mentioned what i think are the absolute best

http://www.samstagsales.com/hazet.htm

Now these are the schizzynitty
Old 04-14-2009, 06:47 PM

BTW xcheapo chinese tools are ok on plastic fasteners, they break before the plastic does.

Quick Reply: Tool Thread