New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Thoughts about keeping the s2k

Old 05-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts about keeping the s2k

So we have been looking at cars for me for a while and we recently found a 03 Dodge Stratus R/T thats awsome. We were ready to by this car but when the insurance company said it had the same insurance number as a corvette (21), we freaked. For some reason the insurance is really high and combined with a new driver, being the primary driver of the car, and my dads high coverage, insurance would be $3200 a year. That is completly undoable for me. So, we thought about ways around this. One of which would be to cancel (somehow) the lease on our s2000 and put me as a secondary driver on the stratus. This would save a lease payment from the s2k which i could use to pay the insurace which would be lower to about 2k per year..... Anyway who has any experience with insurances could really help me here. We've thought of every way possible, and im not saying that were going to get rid of the s2000 but the thought has been aroused. I dont want to but......Anways help me out if you can and dont worry we will still be at drives this summer.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:36 PM
mas

What's the time left on the lease? Normally it's never a good financial option to end the lease in the first few years. If the car is older than 2 years or so then you might be able to work out something, however the best deal you can find will be from a Honda dealer just cause it's easier for them to get rid another honda.

So, if you can find a used car car at a honda dealership that you care for, it might be your best bet.

Good luck!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Am I reading this right? You want to get rid of the S2000 for a stratus?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so that they can cover the insuance expense when Bob Jr.drives
tell you Bob - i can't believe how expensive insurance is for a new driver -

You've got a great DAD to consider this option - honestly if i was in your shoes I would find a 90 accord or something much less expensive then the cars you've are looking at and the reason being is two fold

1) it's harder to learn how to work on these newer cars -

2) no matter how well you take care of a new car someone will ding it, scratch it, dent it in the school parkinging lot or where you guys hang out - futhermore your dad says you're an excellent driver but most guys / gals your age are not and that's something to consider when driving a nice car going to and from school - you can be the best driver in the world but you can't control what others will do on the road - some guy might be pulling into school the same time as you and might not be looking. trust me i had a nice car during high school and the same thing happended to me

again find something that needs a little bit of work and spend time with your dad fixing it up (some of my best memories were spent my dad fixing my car) or come to our tech days

just my two cents
Old 05-03-2005, 05:23 AM

Trade an S2000 in for a Stratus? Is it still April fool's day?
Old 05-03-2005, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by elmmx5,May 3 2005, 08:23 AM
Trade an S2000 in for a Stratus? Is it still April fool's day?
Thats what i was thinking. Of all cars on the market, why a Chrysler? Personally, i will never buy another american car again. I know thats bad to say but its true. I dont want to go through the headaches again that i had with my oil-leaking (and oil burning)mustangs,electrical gremlin probed Dodges,etc. I will buy anything else american,but not a american car anytime soon.
If i could swing it, id sell the S and buy a Lotus Elise
Old 05-03-2005, 07:20 AM

I'm with everyone else... I don't see the sense of getting rid of the S in order to help pay insurance on a Stratus.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob3, it makes absolutely no sense. To get out of a lease (before maturation), you either have to find someone to sublet it, or pay the dealer to get out of the lease. Either way you
Old 05-03-2005, 01:59 PM

i have no intention of getting rid of the s2k its just a thought.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:29 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Quick Reply: Thoughts about keeping the s2k