New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Tell us where to go!

Old 06-05-2010, 05:20 AM

Received 3,207 Likes on 1,857 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kRally,Jun 5 2010, 08:45 AM
i know some of us are pretty jaded to newport, but if you havnt really spent a day in newport, its an excellent day trip. buy a mansion ticket, do a tour there, take the S down the ocean drive, walk around the shops, excellent food choices and some nice knickknack shopping, scenery is excellent, you can checkout the old haunted horse stable on ocean drive, theres also a cliffwalk.

im not sure where your from though, you might have been to newport 100 times already like me haha
Yep, been to Newport often, but still enjoy a trip there. It's another nice place to visit in September when the tourists go home.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Jun 4 2010, 10:33 PM
which leads you back to St. Andrews by The Sea
Possibly, for a couple nights, but not so sure on accommodations. Algonquin $$$, bed and breakfast don't tempt us, and some of the cottages, while reasonable, look a bit too rustic and tired.

Would like AC. Last year we ended up wishing we had AC at the first place we stayed and it was on the water. Don't want to make that mistake twice....
Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey,Jun 28 2010, 09:06 PM
Possibly, for a couple nights, but not so sure on accommodations. Algonquin $$$, bed and breakfast don't tempt us, and some of the cottages, while reasonable, look a bit too rustic and tired.

Would like AC. Last year we ended up wishing we had AC at the first place we stayed and it was on the water. Don't want to make that mistake twice....
It can be tough picking a place to stay the algonquin although $$$ would not disapoint! The cabins are typical of the area. The http://www.innonthecove.com/index.html I linked earlier although a B&B I think you should give it a try. They do accomodate for those that want a quiet private breakfast. Rose and I honeymooned there 2 nights It was years ago but Im sure its just a good today, there are other inns in the area if you wish to check them out

Her eis one more of what your looking for, give it a read

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1..._Brunswick.html
Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did a 4 day weekend to celebrate our anniversary back in May in Bar Harbor and LOVED it!!! We stayed at a B&B that was very reasonably priced and the couple that owned it was very nice.

edit - Here's some pics of the trip to give you some ideas.....

Bar Harbor 2010
Old 06-28-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Living less than an hour from Acadia/ Bar Harbor I've been there too many times to count, and its def a cool place with some of the best driving in Maine. I would also suggest Quebec City. If you've never been, it has a very European feel to it. I only wish there wasnt such a language barrier. Even so, it's well worth it. I would personally like to go to Halifax NS and Cape Breton this summer, but its sooo far even living in Maine. I wish the CAT ferry still ran from Bar Harbor to NS
Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can go to hell !!! Sorry , i couldnt resist with that title . I really dont even know you .
Old 06-29-2010, 02:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrgrimm57,Jun 28 2010, 10:42 PM
Living less than an hour from Acadia/ Bar Harbor I've been there too many times to count, and its def a cool place with some of the best driving in Maine. I would also suggest Quebec City. If you've never been, it has a very European feel to it. I only wish there wasnt such a language barrier. Even so, it's well worth it. I would personally like to go to Halifax NS and Cape Breton this summer, but its sooo far even living in Maine. I wish the CAT ferry still ran from Bar Harbor to NS
and ^ fellow maniac!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by joes sled 2000,Jun 28 2010, 11:55 PM
You can go to hell !!! Sorry , i couldnt resist with that title . I really dont even know you .
I figured someone would tell me that. Didn't think it would be someone I didn't know.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by mrgrimm57,Jun 28 2010, 11:42 PM
We are even further away from you and last summer we did Cape Breton Nova Scotia for a week, in the S2000. Great trip. It was easier to plan that trip. Great place to drive an S. Beautiful scenery.

Here's a slide show if you are interested.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come out to my end of the state. The Berkshires. Plenty of culture and you can stay at some reasonably priced places if you wish,

Quick Reply: Tell us where to go!