New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Tech Day/ Car wash weekend of the 12/13th

Old 04-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Tech Day/ Car wash weekend of the 12/13th

As of yet I don't know which day it will be becuase of the car tuning is not set yet.

Things I will be covering are Differential fluid change/ Possibly a tranny fluid swap(if people need it), Brake Pad change Front and rear, belt and rubber bushings/boots checked for cracks and treated with silicone spray.

My car is about 5K from doing a tranny / diff fluid change so I probably won't be doing my car. I have xvipers directions to assist us. I am hesitant to do a tranny fluid change only because I am not sure how good my new jack stands will work.(not tried them yet) Diff fluid really doesn't require anything more than a jack. I have all wrenches associated with doing the diff fluid. I went out and go a bottle that has a spout which I will have to get some tubing to assist in the fill of the diff and tranny.

I may or may not have brake pads to change on my car so if I don't I will assist anybody with theirs. Done mine many times so it's a snap for me.

Please bring your own fluids washers and brake pads.

Do we want to cover any other things?

I will see if I can make this a little BBQ as well if we like.(hot dogs/ hamburgers) We have subway and other sub shops around if interested in doing that. We have other fast food places too.(Arbies isn't that far away)
Old 04-06-2003, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12th or the 13th works for me. Since this will be my first trip to your house, I'll need direcitons

I also have my floor jack (the really awesome one from harbor freight tools) and some jackstands if needed
Old 04-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Sure bring the jack along. I wish I got a better jack than I did. Want a faster jacking rate. Though what the heck do you do with the old one!! This way we can get a jack on both sides of the car and do both front wheels at the same time.

Bring one jack stand as that is all that is really needed as the jack will provide the other jacking point on one side of the car. We will have it way up in the air!

I will get you all directions soon. I need to see if this will even go off per this nutty New England weather.

Forcast for Monday.............6" snow.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:47 PM

I heard 10" possible. Dealer called me Saturday expects my new 2003 S to be delivered from Honda to the dealership sometime on Monday.

Then I hear this forcast. WTF!
Old 04-06-2003, 03:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Careful guys...don't rely on just the jack to hold the car up...use jackstands.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:55 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Jack on the rear side jack point...........jack stand under front jack point. I will probably stick another jack stand under the frame rail as well.

See xvipers pictures.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:56 PM

i've only got 6700 miles so i don't need anything done. I might come by just to hang out though.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:08 PM

With my new Harbor freight jack, it fits under the rear jack point and I jack it up, put two jack stands on the frame in the rear, then I can slide the jack up to the front and jack it up on the front center jack point and put two more jackstands on the frame up front. Viola! car is up in the air!
Old 04-06-2003, 08:34 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

I dunno about that. To get the car up onto the jack stands leaves little/no room to get a jack under the rear none the less the front. The way xviper does it is just fine with me.

Frank please do come!!! We can use your wisdom. Plus we can chat about drives. I will have a GPS for our drives so I can get us lost and back home with no problem.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:56 PM

Hey pinky, i might stop by, if that's ok with you. I don't need any work done to my S, but i figure i'd stop by and say hi, meet some more people.

Quick Reply: Tech Day/ Car wash weekend of the 12/13th