New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Sunday drivers are a PIA

Old 07-13-2008, 05:11 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts
Default Sunday drivers are a PIA

So today we hit the road to pre-drive the Nor'Easter drive route AND our cook out drive route. We recruited a couple of berlinas to come along. I'm not sure who was in one car, the windows were tinted so dark, and there was a hard top on it.

The other guy, I think we knew

We hit (not literally, but wanted to) EVERY Sunday driver that was out there. And then there were the Harley guys. WTF is up with them, that they drive at or BELOW the speed limit? I'm glad both drives are on Saturday and hoping we don't run into the same kind of drivers.

On the plus side we checked out two wineries, sampled wine at one, and found a suitable place for lunch for the Nor'Easter drive, which serves everything from Mexican food, to burgers, dogs, seafood and ice cream.

The pre-drive of our cookout route went a bit faster than the Nor'Easter route. I guess the Sunday drivers stayed in Westport. We didn't do the entire route as the day was getting long.....

But, hey Jeff! We had ice cream. Moose Track ice cream FTW. Vanilla with chocolate chunks and peanut butter too.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Moose Tracks.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:48 PM

cake batter ice cream > b-day cake ice cream
Old 07-13-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by elmmx5,Jul 13 2008, 09:48 PM
cake batter ice cream > b-day cake ice cream
So what was it? Vanilla flavor with frosting flavor??
Old 07-13-2008, 06:02 PM

I had a great time except for the damned Sunday drivers. the most disappointing was the Harley guy though. WTF, live a little, dude. Open that thing up once in a while for heavens sake.

The food at that mex joint was so good we will be going back this week

When we departed and picked up the kids, they wanted ice cream too. So, we went over to City View on Faunce Corner Road. What a disapointment that place has become. I grew up going there almost weekly to play mini golf and eat ice cream with my Dad. The golf area is closed and overgrown and the ice cream place is borderline nasty.

I don;t know if they got bought out or what, but it is sad that I will never bring my boys there like my Dad did.

Back to the drive... I was surprised that I actually liked the wine we tried. It was very tastey and had a texture to it that I could actually feel. I thought all that wine tasting stuff was BS before today

Tell Rick I want to go to the beer tasting joint with him soon. Maybe next weekend
Old 07-13-2008, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Jul 13 2008, 10:02 PM
I had a great time except for the damned Sunday drivers. the most disappointing was the Harley guy though. WTF, live a little, dude. Open that thing up once in a while for heavens sake.

The food at that mex joint was so good we will be going back this week

When we departed and picked up the kids, they wanted ice cream too. So, we went over to City View on Faunce Corner Road. What a disapointment that place has become. I grew up going there almost weekly to play mini golf and eat ice cream with my Dad. The golf area is closed and overgrown and the ice cream place is borderline nasty.

I don;t know if they got bought out or what, but it is sad that I will never bring my boys there like my Dad did.

Back to the drive... I was surprised that I actually liked the wine we tried. It was very tastey and had a texture to it that I could actually feel. I thought all that wine tasting stuff was BS before today

Tell Rick I want to go to the beer tasting joint with him soon. Maybe next weekend
Beer sampling has to be before 5:00 PM on Saturday.....

We got our ice cream at the Star Drive In which is on the cookout/drive route. As I said, we moved a lot better once we got out of Westport.

I went by City View a few weeks ago, and thought it was just not open for the day. Then someone told me that no, they had shut down. I thought it looked quite overgrown....

PS Thanks for coming with us. No way could we have sampled all that food by ourselves.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:10 PM

I could not believe how much grub that kid put in front of me. Of course, always the gracious guest at an establishment, I made sure to eat it all!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Jul 13 2008, 10:10 PM
I could not believe how much grub that kid put in front of me. Of course, always the gracious guest at an establishment, I made sure to eat it all!!!
Hope Step doesn't suffer too much tonight, due to your being the gracious guest, and eating all that food.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:15 PM

I will be a gracious husband tonight as well

I feel (or should I say smell) a dutch oven coming tonight

this will be the scene in our bedroom:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/51
Old 07-14-2008, 02:35 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^Oh my!

Quick Reply: Sunday drivers are a PIA