New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Stuff for sale on the New England board.

Old 01-11-2007 | 05:15 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Don't know, Steve. I'll try to find out.
Old 01-11-2007 | 07:11 PM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Doc G,Jan 11 2007, 08:41 PM
What's a set of '02 orig. rims worth? Near mint cond.
$250 to $400 depending on condition and availability.
Old 01-11-2007 | 07:51 PM

Old 01-11-2007 | 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Jan 11 2007, 11:09 AM
I think everyone one need to start worrying about themselves and not what others are doing . The board of late has been nothing but he did , you did , to much for that , you didn't but he did ............. Who cares . If the price is to high they will lower it . Most of us don't need the money right away so are willing to hold out , just like the buyer is holding out for a better deal . If the price is to high and you are serious about purchasing the product PM the seller with a offer. If you dont plan on buying anything but think the seller is asking to much .......Stay out of it, you are not planning to buy it anyway .

Just a though

I would hope that if someone has an issue with how I posted something, they would PM or email me to express their concerns. Otherwise, we all have different opinions as what things are worth.

So bill was my CRV "auction" because you were trying to help me out, or because you disliked my price? I did appreciate the bumps

Old 01-12-2007 | 05:21 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by scho01,Jan 12 2007, 12:16 AM

I would hope that if someone has an issue with how I posted something, they would PM or email me to express their concerns. Otherwise, we all have different opinions as what things are worth.

So bill was my CRV "auction" because you were trying to help me out, or because you disliked my price? I did appreciate the bumps

Both really. The asking price was outrageous as I'm sure you know and I was hoping you might come down to earth. According to Edmunds $8500 is about $2,000 above dealer list for a 99 CRV EX in average condition with over 100k on it. It is about $3,000 above private party price and about $4,000 above wholesale. I know you have some add-ons, but no one ever pays much above the book price of the car because of a tow hitch, etc. In fact, the tow hitch indicates that the vehicle has been used for towing and should be sold for even less.

While I appreciate your request for PMs about high prices, this is a public message board, not a news paper. The beauty of this medium is that folks can express opinions about an item for other folks to see. Let me ask you this, if I thought your sale was a great deal for a great car and wanted to post that on your for sale thread would you ask me to only PM or e-mail those comments to you, or would you be happy to have me post it? Well, I think the same goes for negative comments. If someone thinks the deal is bad they have just as much right to post that opinion for the buyers to see. In the time it takes me to discuss an overpriced item with a seller off line, one of my friends might actually buy it.

If you want to ask what people think things are worth before posting, everyone here will be happy to give you an opinion or a link to a useful site. But when you post a long description of the product with a list of features and photos, people will assume that you already know what you are selling and take the post as your opinion of what we should pay. Then we will offer our opinion.
Old 01-12-2007 | 05:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Old 01-12-2007 | 06:28 AM

I dont know Bill , this is from Edmonds . By the pics and the description I would not label this car as AVERAGE , I would consider it as CLEAN .

Now the numbers are not so far off . You always price a car with room for negotiation .

scho01- I think your asking price is spot on and not unreasonable at all with a little play room .

Ask Tommy make the buyer think they talked you down when they gave you what you wanted . Both partys are happy . The seller got what he wanted and the buyer thinks he was a great negotiator and got a deal by talking you down .

1999 Honda CR-V 4 Dr EX AWD Wagon
Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail
National Base Price $6,180 $7,259 $8,382
Optional Equipment $26 $32 $42
Roof Rack $26 $32 $42
Color Adjustment
Dark Blue $17 $20 $23
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code 03103 $-158 $-185 $-214
Mileage Adjustment
100,000 miles $-34 $-34 $-34
Condition Adjustment
Clean $0 $0 $0
Total $6,031 $7,092 $8,199

Vehicle Condition

1. Outstanding ........Vehicle is in exceptional mechanical, exterior and interior condition with no visible wear; it requires no reconditioning. Paint will have a glossy appearance. Vehicle has no mechanical and/or cosmetic problems and has a clean engine compartment. Exterior and interior are free of any damage. Tires are in nearly new condition. Vehicle has a clean title and has the ability to pass an emissions inspection.

2. Clean........ Vehicle shows some normal wear but has no major mechanical and/or cosmetic problems. Paint still has a glossy finish and may have slight scratches or dings. Some reconditioning may be needed. Interior will have minimal fading and wear. Tires have substantial tread remaining. Vehicle has a clean title and has the ability to pass an emissions inspection.

3. Average.......... Vehicle may have a few mechanical and/or cosmetic problems and may require a considerable amount of reconditioning. Exterior paint has some dullness. Vehicle may have a considerable amount of scratches or dings. Interior material is slightly worn and faded. Tires have some useable tread remaining. Vehicle has a clean title and has the ability to pass an emissions inspection.

4. Rough Vehicle.......... has several mechanical and/or cosmetic problems. Exterior and interior need significant repairs. Tires may need to be replaced. Vehicle may need minor repairs to pass an emissions inspection, but it has a clean title.

5. Damaged.......... Vehicle has major mechanical and/or body damage that may render it in non-safe running condition. Exterior and interior is damaged or worn. Tires need to be replaced. Vehicle may have a branded title (i.e. salvaged, flooded, frame damaged, etc.). Vehicle may require significant repairs to pass an emissions inspection.
Old 01-12-2007 | 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Jan 12 2007, 09:21 AM

In the time it takes me to discuss an overpriced item with a seller off line, one of my friends might actually buy it.
Oh and the seller is not your friend ???? I see

This is my point I see a lot of membership and friendships being lost over stupid things .

Maybe Glenn should ban all sales in this forum ( Problem solved ) . That way no more local deals and you would have to buy from strangers :-( Even though this is probably the one thing Steve and Glenn seem to agree about .

What happen to the car club ?????? This is not Steve deal of the week coupon club , thats a whole other forum .

Old 01-12-2007 | 08:37 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Jan 11 2007, 11:11 PM
$250 to $400 depending on condition and availability.
Yup....I just bought 4
very clean, rear tires are bald......$225.00
Old 01-12-2007 | 08:40 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Jan 11 2007, 11:51 PM
I like popcorn too...

Quick Reply: Stuff for sale on the New England board.