New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Stuff for sale on the New England board.

Old 01-13-2007 | 05:08 AM

i think it's "piss on my shoes and tell me it's raining"

as a side note way back when , when things were sold in new england there was no Negotiations.. i sold cubs my aem intake for $100.00 - it was a pretty good price and he didn't come back and say $80.00 - that's the way it was

also Jeff is helping me get a carputer - i don't know the value of these things BUT i trust Jeff enough to know he's giving me a more than fair price and heck for all the time i'll be asking for his help setting the thing up I should give him more..

i have to agree with Bill - there have been far too many non-car related stuff for sale lately and the prices seem high

we are ALL friends (yup even glenn and i ) we are not here to make a profit off each other - we are here to share a common interest in a car and help one another and make things fun - maybe this is still the reason why i am still here (without an S)

you know almost five years ago - my first phone call was to john - about clearing my headlights - he said just come down and we'll do it - I was shocked and thankful and since then there have been COUNTLESS other times since when a member helps out another member just for the enjoyment of helping each other

heck even scott will go out of his way to help anyone on this board even though this is his paid profession now..

The board is about helping each other, making friends, and having fun it's not about sellng, making a buck, and taking advantage of your fellow folks
Old 01-13-2007 | 05:13 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bass,Jan 13 2007, 09:08 AM
[ ... ] The board is about helping each other, making friends, and having fun
Amen to that. That's why I never understand the bickering around here when it happens (not that this thread is particularly bad). But hey, that's just me.

No update on the selling rules (site-wide), yet. cthree seems to be busy with other stuff, though the moderators are discussing it actively. I would expect some rules to come down soon.

-- chaz
Old 01-13-2007 | 09:35 AM

I understand everything Bill is trying to say , and I have no issue with that . I agree non S2k related stuff should not be sold here ( With a few exceptions ) I think only interested parties should be allowed to post in the thread though.

People seem to forget this is S2KI , NOT NES2KO . What is said , sold or done here does not need to done as a member of NES2KO . Nor is anyone required to join NES2KO to do so . The CRV was taken as a example, and I being a dealer decided to show another point of view, and defend the outsider as it seems he was called .

My point being, If people disagree with a price they should just ignore the thread . It will be gone in a day , problem solved . Instead everyone feels the need to poke fun at the seller , bash him or whore his/her thread( Stuff you do in Jr High ) while at the same time you recycle the thread and keep it alive . As a Outsider i would be hesitant to join the club also .

I agree Steve "The board is about helping each other, making friends, and having fun" but having fun at ones expense by poking fun and telling them they are taking advantage of ones self will not make you many friends. You are only taken advantage of if one makes the deal and agree to the price .But I still dont see how one would be taking advantage of if one agreed to the price . Either you want it or you dont want it , simple . The seller is not obligated , member or not , to discount his price for the good of the region .

Simple solution would be to ban selling in this forum if everyone thinks it should be a member only thing and move it to the NES2KO Forum .

Old 01-13-2007 | 10:36 AM

But i like selling stuff here scott
Old 01-13-2007 | 11:07 AM

Old 01-13-2007 | 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by darkknight1999,Jan 13 2007, 03:07 PM
Your not full yet ????
Old 01-13-2007 | 11:56 AM
20 Year Member

I think John needs one of these Before he goes on that lemonade diet.
Old 01-13-2007 | 01:51 PM

Scott, no one is saying that people shouldn't be allowed to sell, or even that they have to give a "regional" discount. But please don't try to work us over. But, if one insists on steeper than reasonable pricing, it is certainly their right to sell it in this forum. About commenting, this is not ebay or craigs list where comments are not allowed. Quite to the contrary, it is a FORUM, where comments should be EXPECTED.

Bill has made the point, and I second it, that if one attempts to sell something to ME (because I don't speak for everyone) at a rediculous price, or market a used item as "new" to ME, I will think you are inconsiderate and that you must think I am stupid enough to believe you. That is the only point to this thread that I see. No rules of mandatory discounts or anything like that. They say let the buyer be warned, which is true. But in a regional forum, let the seller be warned that they are reflecting poorly on themselves by trying to rook friends or even acquaintences. Impressions like this last a long time and one could end up wondering why no one jumps through hoops to help him/her when they may need or want it.

So, I think it started out with a simple statement so to speak by Bill letting people know that not only will the item not sell, but you will be labled as an "outsider" as Bill put it. I'll refer to it as being a "used car salesman" and that's being nice. BTW, no offense meant to the real used car salesmen like Scott and Tom
Old 01-13-2007 | 03:15 PM
Community Organizer

So....who wants COrn!!
Old 01-13-2007 | 03:44 PM
20 Year Member

Cubby, you want to be a CO??

Take it from me, it's not as great a job as you may think.

Quick Reply: Stuff for sale on the New England board.