New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Storage for Winter Wheels?

Old 03-23-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage for Winter Wheels?

I just bought an '03 s2k. It's my first ride with dedicated summer tires and I intend to stick out the Boston winters with my new baby. Obviously this means I will need some winter rubber by the end of the year.

Here's my problem, though. I live in a condo downtown, my S is my only car, and I park on the street. (I know, it's a shame to do that the her) This means that I'm hoping to avoid storing my extra set of seasonal wheels in my residence and I'm hoping to avoid swapping wheels on the street. The ideal solution is to find a tire shop that will store my extra wheels for me and change them for me twice a year.

Does anyone know of a place that will store extra wheels for you and swap them on a seasonal basis?

thanks,

--jay
Old 03-23-2006, 10:43 AM

Maybe one of the members would offer to let you store them in their garage for a fee instead

<shrugs>
Old 03-23-2006, 10:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jay

never heard of a tire shop storing wheels and tires.... simply because of the liability issue (ie something happens and they may have to compensate you for your wheels / tires)

i guess maybe Scott at Ballistic motorsports could do it for you however he's in Manchester NH and i would have no idea what he would charge to store / swap wheels twice a year -

my only other suggestion would be to clear a spot in your closet and buy a floor jack and swap the rims yourself
Old 03-23-2006, 11:00 AM

I hear what you're saying about the tire shop's liability. I'm sure if anyone did it they would charge enough to offset the risk. It's just another available revenue stream for them, so I'd be surprized if no one did it.

For instance, I'm pretty sure I know a boat shop that will winterize outboard motors and store them for the winter for a fee. I've gotta believe that if they can augment their income this way there's some tire shop that can also make money doing this.

Something tells me I'll be wrenching it on the street next spring...
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM

I have garage space available for storage of wheels and anyone's "S" or other vehicle. I'm looking to rent out some garage space I have available. Let me know if you're interested or anyone else for that matter that needs some space to store a vehicle.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 AM

there ya go...
Old 03-23-2006, 12:24 PM

where is your garage space located? and how much you looking for rent? Im looking for a place to store another Vehicle or my S depending on the season. and 9K = Heaven if you need to you can store your wheels in my basement (I rent a house in Allston, if needed)
Old 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2000silvers2k,Mar 23 2006, 04:24 PM
where is your garage space located? and how much you looking for rent? Im looking for a place to store another Vehicle or my S depending on the season. and 9K = Heaven if you need to you can store your wheels in my basement (I rent a house in Allston, if needed)
Bigcity lives over in Newton so you could probably spit on his roof from Allston.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2000silvers2k,Mar 23 2006, 05:24 PM
The garage is located in West Roxbury on a quiet residential street. It's a 3 car garage so there is plenty of space for others as well. Rent is negotiable, the garage is part of a rental home my parents and I just purchased. We are fixing up the house and looking to get rent out of the garage as well, so we're open for negotiating.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Mar 23 2006, 06:39 PM
Bigcity lives over in Newton so you could probably spit on his roof from Allston.
I do live in Newton and that would be one hell of a spit.

Quick Reply: Storage for Winter Wheels?