58.82%
Other - Explain
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Steven Tyler's rendition of the National Anthem

Old 01-24-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedSunS2K
Lol. It's just Steven Tyler sounding like Steven Tyler. Would have been wrong for him to sound like something he wasn't.

Originally Posted by lotus7racer
while i put my hand in my heart, does not seems right for someone to sing the national anthem trashy --- it's disrespectful.

Each person is entitled to sing the anthem in their own way - it speaks to the freedoms we fight for in our country. I don't find anything wrong with his version of the anthem - I've heard waaaayyyy works- All I ask is get the words right. (*cough* Christina Aguilara *cough*)
He may have bobbled in the middle and replaced "O'er" for "Oh" but I heard what I expected out of him.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:33 PM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by LazyProfessor
Originally Posted by RedSunS2K' timestamp='1327350519' post='21344694
Lol. It's just Steven Tyler sounding like Steven Tyler. Would have been wrong for him to sound like something he wasn't.

while i put my hand in my heart, does not seems right for someone to sing the national anthem trashy --- it's disrespectful.

Each person is entitled to sing the anthem in their own way - it speaks to the freedoms we fight for in our country. I don't find anything wrong with his version of the anthem - I've heard waaaayyyy works- All I ask is get the words right. (*cough* Christina Aguilara *cough*)
He may have bobbled in the middle and replaced "O'er" for "Oh" but I heard what I expected out of him.
I agree, about the freedoms, however I agree with lotus. I put the anthem in the same category as the flag. It deserves respect, more than I've heard in some of the performances. Of course, others are entitled to their own opinion.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedSunS2K

I voted Other, because I didn't like it nor hate it. You're right, it was Steven Tyler so I expected it to sound the way it did. It's like that movie, The Expendables. I expect an action movie, I get an action movie. I'm expecting the see any Acadamy awards come out of the performance so I judge it for what it is.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM

i equate to: 10 thousand civilized sober people out there and one driving drunk.
does he has right to drive drunk?
he's right to drive drunk alone in the cliff.

its not always about your right but your responsibility...tons of lad at the stadium. have we become a nation of trashy stuff?

i'm offended no matter how you spin.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 PM

i equate to: 10 thousand civilized sober people out there and one driving drunk.

its not always about your right but your responsibility...tons of lad at the stadium. have we become a nation of trashy stuff?

Does someone who has down syndrome have the right to sing the anthem to the best of their ability? Yeah, it may sound reaaaaalllly f*cked up but it's their rendition. Steven Tyler's speech impediment and lack of style is little different.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 PM

Very well said Ryan! Each singer does have their own style and obviously this style will carry over to whatever song they sing. Just because they sing the national anthem differently than the norm of what we are use to hearing, doesn't make it wrong. He sang it in his style and to the best of his ability and with respect. Did anyone ever really think for a minute that he would hit the extremely high notes or be able to sing the song in a classical style? It's Steven Tyler people what did you expect? I'm sure there are more important things in life to address than playing armchair singer and critiquing one's performance of any song.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:37 PM

a down syndrome is a medical issue can't compare to a professional singer who trashed a national anthem in the front of 10,000 thousands civilized dudes.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:39 PM

you know i'd be more concerned with the gridlock in congress and their inability to get ANYTHING done than some silly artists’ rendition of the National Anthem during a football game..

Heck I’d like to see them take the Pledge allagance out of public schools because of the “under god” part of it

BTW Lotus
Old 01-25-2012, 12:41 PM

a down syndrome is a medical issue can't compare to a professional singer who trashed a national anthem in the front of 10,000 thousands civilized dudes.

pretty sure Steven Tyler has medical issues due to his incisive drug use and his rock star lifestyle all these years
Old 01-25-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bass
Just to hear from you....I'm happy
helloooo bassy how's new year?

Originally Posted by lotus7racer' timestamp='1327526242' post='21352272

you know i'd be more concerned with the gridlock in congress and their inability to get ANYTHING done than some silly artists’ rendition of the National Anthem during a football game..

Heck I’d like to see them take the Pledge allagance out of public schools because of the “under god” part of it

BTW Lotus

Quick Reply: Steven Tyler's rendition of the National Anthem