New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Speed limit info... very interesting!

Old 03-10-2007 | 03:49 AM

The ticket was issued in the city of Springfield. The representing officer was not the one who gave me the ticket. Even before my case was heard when he was calling the next case into the courtroom he appeared very grumpy , it seemed like he did not really want to be there , even though in each one of the cases heard before me at most the fines were only reduced and no one was found not responsible. During each one of my points I had asked him if he was aware of law or statue relating to what I was talking about. He always said no and when he did the magistrate kept suggesting that he familiarize with the materials I was presenting , he sometimes had to suggest twice that the officer look at what I was presenting. Most of the time the officer indicated he " didn't need to look at it". I am sure the officers attitude had some bearing on the magistrates decision.
Old 03-10-2007 | 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Mar 10 2007, 04:06 AM
If you hadn't gotten a ticket in 16 years I am surprised he even gave you more than a warning to begin with.
Does the officer have access to your record at the time he pulls you over? Also do they note in your record everytime they pull you over for any reason? I was pulled over twice in the 16 years. The first time was 2 A.M. , I had gotten a bolt in a tire and was unable to get the wheel off. I was within a few miles of my house so I continued on driving very slow was weaving to avoid any slight holes in the road as I did not want the tire to go flat. The officer rightly pulled me over thinking I was drunk , when I explained the sitution he had no issues. The second time was shortly after I had purchased a new vehicle that had daytime running lights that also turned on all the dashboard lights , the only lights that do not turn on were the rear lights. The officer pulled me over thinking the rear lights were defective , when I apoligized and actually turned them on he had no issues. I would like to know if they do note these types of things on your record?
Old 03-10-2007 | 05:10 AM

Your driving record, license status, warrants and criminal history is available to any officer pulling you over using his laptop. As far as individual stops, it will depend on if that particular department documents each stop in their individual record keeping system. Some departments are linking their databases with regional departments though. To answer your question more directly, a stop that doesn't result in a citation is not recorded with the RMV.

There is no standard for having to give a break based on the lack of negative driving records. I generaly see that no matter what, if a person comes to the magistrates hearing, (which it appears that you were at now that you tell me the issuing officer wasn't there) the magistrate will do the following:

1st offense: not responsible
2nd offense: 1/2 off
3rd offense: full boat

If the person doesn't want to take the 1/2 or the responsible on the 2nd and 3rd try, they can appeal the magistrate to the judge, which is when the issuing officer needs to be there. Again, this is just the trend I see in our court, it is not a rule or standard of any kind and the magistrate/judges can do whatever they want. Seems very fair to me.
Old 03-10-2007 | 06:01 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by sireousrex,Mar 10 2007, 09:10 AM
1st offense: not responsible
2nd offense: 1/2 off
3rd offense: full boat
so jeff does time play into this?

so for example say you had a clean driving record for a long while, say 12 or 13 months, would that come into play?
Old 03-10-2007 | 06:02 AM

I dunno. Like I said, this is just my observation and there is no rule or standard of any kind. the magistrate and judge are free to rule how they want.
Old 03-10-2007 | 12:06 PM

well guy's one time i was driving my brother's civic to my girlfriend's house and got pulled over for a loud exhaust, lucky enough it was jeff so we had an s2k talk and he gave me a warning lol thanks jeff
i haven't got a ticket since high school but i think i might be getting some since my car is orange and brings alot of attention.

i might just have to paint my car br0wn!
Old 03-10-2007 | 02:45 PM

You'll be alright TJ, just stay off the Ave. since thats where all the attention is.
Old 03-11-2007 | 05:43 AM

i havent' been there since that day, i try to go around if i have to go anywhere near, i just noticed there's no more mobil gas station last week. lol
Old 03-11-2007 | 06:12 AM

Yeah. They are turning it into a walgreens. Never saw that coming. I always thought the Mobil did good buisness. Put it this way about the Ave, I try to go around it when I am in my car it's that bad
Old 03-11-2007 | 06:17 AM

Mobil has been screwing everyone to the tune of 10 Billion dollars in a single quarter last year... In a quarter!!! That's roughly 40 Billion dollars a year in PROFIT!!!
How any of those stations can go under is just weird...

Quick Reply: Speed limit info... very interesting!