New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Somebody....

Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hehe. I love it.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we can get the usual performance out of Beckett tonight, then maybe we can get back on a roll.

Didn't we come back from a 0-3 deficit in the ALCS at sometime...hmm, who was that against again?? Oh yeah the Yankees!! How's thier golf game coming this week??

A come back from 1-3 is doable, just gotta get someone to go longer than 4 2/3's
Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scho01,Oct 17 2007, 09:07 AM
If we can get the usual performance out of Beckett tonight, then maybe we can get back on a roll.

Didn't we come back from a 0-3 deficit in the ALCS at sometime...hmm, who was that against again?? Oh yeah the Yankees!! How's thier golf game coming this week??

A come back from 1-3 is doable, just gotta get someone to go longer than 4 2/3's
When you guys came back with those 4 games in a row the team looked a lot better than they did last night and the Yankees played a lot worse than Cleveland has been.

Sure it was impressive, but not as easily replicated as you might think. Lot's of factors went into that Yankee collapse.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by daktruckie99,Oct 17 2007, 05:40 AM
When you guys came back with those 4 games in a row the team looked a lot better than they did last night and the Yankees played a lot worse than Cleveland has been.

Sure it was impressive, but not as easily replicated as you might think. Lot's of factors went into that Yankee collapse.
yeah, cause we were down 0-2 in the ALCS and lost game 3 19-8, we were looking impressive

Not saying it's going to be easy, just saying it's doable. If momentum shifts, things can happen.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 PM

So far, it's going as planned. Beckett stopped the bleeding, lets see what Curt can do back in Boston!!! Then if that goes well, Dice K for game 7
Old 10-19-2007, 04:41 AM

with a little luck they will come around. I was ready to give up on Becket last year, he did not do well at all.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:12 AM

First, I want to say Beckett is hands down without a doubt the best pitcher in baseball this year. He is just throwing some filthy stuff. I can't believe after 100 pitches he lost ZERO velocity on his fastball and was still throwing 96 MPH. If he doesn't win the Cy Young award this year it will be a travesty.

Second, even if the Red Sox end up losing this series I just hope they look more competitive for the rest of the series. After they gave up 7 runs in one inning they looked AWFUL for all of game 4.

Third, I can't believe the Yankees let Joe Torre go. This is AWESOME news for Red Sox fans because he was definitely one of the top managers in the game. Also, he was the glue that held this team together. I predict the Yankees will now enter a re-building mode and will be terrible next year.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,944 Likes on 2,646 Posts

it would be interesting to see a cost per win table for the majors.
club salary / games won.

yankees salary = 195,229,045 / 94 wins = $2,076,904 per win

sox salary = 143,123,714 /96 wins = $1,490,872 per win
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyC,Oct 19 2007, 05:12 AM
First, I want to say Beckett is hands down without a doubt the best pitcher in baseball this year. He is just throwing some filthy stuff. I can't believe after 100 pitches he lost ZERO velocity on his fastball and was still throwing 96 MPH. If he doesn't win the Cy Young award this year it will be a travesty.

Second, even if the Red Sox end up losing this series I just hope they look more competitive for the rest of the series. After they gave up 7 runs in one inning they looked AWFUL for all of game 4.

Third, I can't believe the Yankees let Joe Torre go. This is AWESOME news for Red Sox fans because he was definitely one of the top managers in the game. Also, he was the glue that held this team together. I predict the Yankees will now enter a re-building mode and will be terrible next year.
I think what we've seen from the Beckett of last year, to the Beckett of this year, will happen to Dice-K. As Becket took a year to adjust to the American League, Dice-K had a big adjustment coming for Japan.

Beckett's curve ball was just nasty last night too. I don't think I've seen that many knees buckle in one game before.

As for the Yanks, there's too much money there to not have a competitve team. I agree that the team will have a much different look next year, but they'll still be a force to be reckoned with.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by scho01,Oct 19 2007, 09:26 AM
I think what we've seen from the Beckett of last year, to the Beckett of this year, will happen to Dice-K. As Becket took a year to adjust to the American League, Dice-K had a big adjustment coming for Japan.

Beckett's curve ball was just nasty last night too. I don't think I've seen that many knees buckle in one game before.

As for the Yanks, there's too much money there to not have a competitve team. I agree that the team will have a much different look next year, but they'll still be a force to be reckoned with.
There is a lot of money there. However, I think many of the veteran players on the Spankees this year will retire/sign with other teams. I predict many of them will say that they were unhappy with the way Joe Torre was treated and will leave. It will be REAL tough to replace the amount of talent that will leave the Spankees roster this year even with unlimited funds (and to be honest it wasn't as talented a roster as they've fielded in past years). Next year I think the Spanks will be a very mediocre team and then the following year they will be back to being very competitive.

Also, I would agree with you on Dice-K that he's in an adjustment period. I think much of his problems are mental.

Quick Reply: Somebody....