New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

So many bail outs.

Old 02-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarkM,Feb 19 2006, 08:00 PM
Sometimes you just have to try all the "flavors" to find the one you like
I've tried lots of flavors........and I like more than one!!
Old 02-19-2006, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubs2k,Feb 19 2006, 08:25 PM
I've tried lots of flavors........and I like more than one!!
Is that like Auto Polygyny ??
Old 02-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarkM,Feb 19 2006, 09:48 PM
Is that like Auto Polygyny ??
Yup!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For me it had been 5 years of ownership. Part of it was I just wanted to try something new. Part of it was (due to my own doing on mods) my car got too loud and I wanted something more quiet. Stilll, as most of you know I had planned to get an '05 S as replacement... and almost did if not for that one fateful visit to a P-dealership.

I like my BS - no regret. But it hasn't given me that excitement that the S gave me in my first 2-3 years of ownership. Guess you can say the S was my first love in sports car - you don't ever forget it and the others that follow are just not as dear.

In strictly backroad carving, I enjoy the S just as much as the BS... maybe more. Unfortunately for me there aren't many backroads in my regular driving. Btw, Giles was absolutely right in that a car w/ an inclining TQ curve is more exciting to drive than a car w/ a flat TQ curve. Though the first definately can get you into more trouble w/ Johnny Law as you wind out the engine.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:43 PM

as a former owner, let me throw in my 2 cents.

As everyone as already said, the S is an enthusiasts car and with the exception of the Elise, its pretty non-compromising as far as having only one purpose.. fun in the sun while driving the back roads.

For me, I wanted something more..

compromising on long trips
bells and whistles
horsepower
torque
seats
forgiving in the rain

which eventually lead me to the M3
Old 02-20-2006, 07:15 AM

Mine is sticking with me for life if I'm lucky enough. So I won't be going anywhere either
Old 02-20-2006, 11:27 AM

My S2000 isn't going anywhere any time soon. So far my car is as good as it gets for me and I see nothing else in my price range that comes anywhere close. Compromising isn't a word that applies to me, just ask my ex-wife. If I were to get any car to replace the S2000, it'd be an Elise. In fact it annoys me that my S2000 isn't as non-compromising as it could be. I still think back to my old race package Miata with no power windows, no power steering, and no AC fondly. Even though I sometimes sit in my S2000 and look at the cupholder thinking... "that should NOT be here", I don't see anything better to buy. So until I get my house and a far, far better paying job or win the lottery (which may be difficult since I don't play) I'll be driving my honda.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elmmx5,Feb 20 2006, 12:27 PM
My S2000 isn't going anywhere any time soon. So far my car is as good as it gets for me and I see nothing else in my price range that comes anywhere close. Compromising isn't a word that applies to me, just ask my ex-wife. If I were to get any car to replace the S2000, it'd be an Elise. In fact it annoys me that my S2000 isn't as non-compromising as it could be. I still think back to my old race package Miata with no power windows, no power steering, and no AC fondly. Even though I sometimes sit in my S2000 and look at the cupholder thinking... "that should NOT be here", I don't see anything better to buy. So until I get my house and a far, far better paying job or win the lottery (which may be difficult since I don't play) I'll be driving my honda.
I like your style!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:31 PM

Probably the only two cars that would get me out of my S are a 911 or and Aston Martin. Even still, if I had the money to afford either of those, I most likely wouldn't need to be trading in my $30k S2000 on one

The wife has been talking (nothing serious of course) how she wants a Boxster S like Ben's. Even still, I am not parting with my car for it. She can park right next to my S if she gets one.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:47 PM

I'm not really worried if people are swapping the S out for a different class of cars. People's needs change every year. What I am worried about is people swapping the S out for cars of the same class: Solstice GXP, Sky Redline, even the Miata. Then, our depreciation rate is going to be high.

If someone is consder doing that, please post.

Quick Reply: So many bail outs.