New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

so how long did you have your license

Old 02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,997 Likes on 2,667 Posts
Default so how long did you have your license

ok a different spin on the question.

so how long did you have your license before you got pulled over?

My story was pretty damn quickly.
I got my license at 3:30 on a Friday afternoon, that night I was picking up friends at the high school.
they were still working in the computer room so another friend and I did some quick donuts in the parking lot.
We then went to the front of the school and picked up my buddies.
As we were pulling away I saw a cruiser coming in one entrance as we were heading for the other exit.
It was a really long way around and I didn't make it.
As the cop reached the window, I heard "license and registration Jerry".... oh sh!t he knows me.

turned out to be a friend of my dad's and I got a verbal warning with advice to go spin donuts at the Zayres parking lot not the high school.
I didn't get pulled over for another 4 months after that.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was about 2 days for me. I had 2 15" subs in the hatch of my Dodge Omni and I didn't know where the volume down button was

Then less than a week later, I ran a red light

Over the next few years I ranged from inspection sticker tickets to several for speeding.

After losing my license and going to the safety class, I got the message and toned it down
Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 3,207 Likes on 1,857 Posts

You bad boys! That's why the insurance rates were higher for the males.

I think it was at least two years, more like three, after I got my license, when I was first stopped. I was living in VA at the time. Speeding, no ticket.

I think I've been stopped a total of five times in my life, and I'm a few years older than most of you. I've been stopped three times for speeding, (never on the highway) once for that yellow/red light misunderstanding, and once I got a ticket for rolling, (well actually not stopping at all), through a stop sign.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM

I went 6 months it was act. three days before my first 6 months. The law was you cant drive with anyone in your car for the first 6 months(JOL)-junior operators license. I had a car full of friends, cop let me go on a 80 dollar ticket! I have gotten alot of cops to let me off easier on tickets ha.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hmm got my license at 15 that was eons ago and i went till i was 26 so lets say 11 years, got a tix for 40 in a 35 while driving for a delivery service.

It was raining i had just been passed by another car i was doing less than 35 and he pinched me instead of the car that passed me it still pisses me off today thinking about it!

Lets say the cop was a real prick!

to make matters worse i didnt know enough to go fight it so i paid the fine, never told my employer though

this was b4 the day of the computer unlike nowadays so they never found out.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by HARDtoTOP,Feb 13 2009, 09:53 PM
After losing my license and going to the safety class, I got the message and toned it down
Same here. I think the first year I had about a half dozen tickets in various infractions. Finally caught up to me when I got a bike. Reckless Driving. Yikes.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1 day. 92 in a 55. A week later 52 in a 30. Haven't been stopped since
Old 02-14-2009, 03:22 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 104 Likes on 83 Posts

1 month. Driving to play b-ball. Stopped me for 16 over and I could see the sign from my car stopped that was 5 mph higher than where I was so I was robbed!

Couple since. Only once in the S knock on wood!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:26 AM

Not until I was in college was I pulled over doing 100+ in a 55mph. Luckily I played college hockey and just had a game. The cop recognized me from the paper and let me off with a 74mph in a 55 ticket.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just shy of 3 years. "Too fast for conditions." Not an actual speeding ticket because he wasn't running radar/laser, he just thought it was too fast for night time and a little fog. I was kinda cranky, but it was a 'fines doubled construction area' and he didn't double the fine. So I paid the $80 rather than risk going to court and having it doubled. That was 10 years ago this summer.

Only other time I've been stopped was 2 yrs after that, 80 in a 65. Bastard actually checked 'female' on my ticket. ~$260 fine in addition to the insult.

Quick Reply: so how long did you have your license