Old 09-06-2005, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so so true...and yet so so sad
Old 09-06-2005, 06:10 PM

SO TRUE!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 04:20 AM

I saw that a while ago. I couldn't help thinking that if those useless reporters just stopped doing their jobs and "helped" out, the whole situation would be forgotten within a day or two. I guess without reporting, people would just feel a disturbance in the force or something and know many people in New Orleans are in trouble. With this unexplained extrasensory ability, people would know instinctually to donate and help. It just all seemed similar to telling Steve to stop wasting his time trying to raise donations, and get down there and help. It sounds good, but I believe what they need down there isn't a bunch of people with bags full of bottled waters getting in the way of the professionals trying to do their jobs.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:00 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I think the media is doing its best to politicize this disaster. They seem to be hoping to put "blame" on the federal government and the Bush administration in particular for the magnitude of the problem. I think we will eventually find out who was responsible for what here, but when I see the city mayor and the state governor all blaming the federal government inside of 48 hours of the hurricane's landfall, I have to suspect the planning of the local authorities as the first major problem.

In the local Metro community paper (a very liberal free daily) the story at the bottom of the first page was that FEMA did not ask Homeland Security to send additional personel to the Gulf until 5 hours after the hurricane made landfall. The reporter tried to make it sound like FEMA wasted 5 hours at a time when everyone knew the full extent of the devastation. I may be getting old, but can still remember last week. As I watched the first 5 hours of coverage at my office, it seemed to me that the Hurricane was not going to be a catastrophe. It wasn't till the next day that I heard the reports of flooding and the Levee breaking.

I'm not too keen on this whole concept of an investigation, but if it is done fairly, I'm sure you are going to learn a lot of things that the media hasn't bothered telling you about.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Sep 7 2005, 08:00 AM
I think the media is doing its best to politicize this disaster. They seem to be hoping to put "blame" on the federal government and the Bush administration in particular for the magnitude of the problem. I think we will eventually find out who was responsible for what here, but when I see the city mayor and the state governor all blaming the federal government inside of 48 hours of the hurricane's landfall, I have to suspect the planning of the local authorities as the first major problem.

In the local Metro community paper (a very liberal free daily) the story at the bottom of the first page was that FEMA did not ask Homeland Security to send additional personel to the Gulf until 5 hours after the hurricane made landfall. The reporter tried to make it sound like FEMA wasted 5 hours at a time when everyone knew the full extent of the devastation. I may be getting old, but can still remember last week. As I watched the first 5 hours of coverage at my office, it seemed to me that the Hurricane was not going to be a catastrophe. It wasn't till the next day that I heard the reports of flooding and the Levee breaking.

I'm not too keen on this whole concept of an investigation, but if it is done fairly, I'm sure you are going to learn a lot of things that the media hasn't bothered telling you about.
I couldnt agree with you More !!!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:29 PM

Ah my favorite squirrel . He reminds me of myself
Old 09-08-2005, 04:50 PM

Did any of you see Geraldo down there. What an ass!
Old 09-08-2005, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by paivag,Sep 8 2005, 07:50 PM
Did any of you see Geraldo down there. What an ass!
Oh Yea .. He just makes himself look worse by the day !!!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:37 AM

This whole thing the hurricane the efforts after, everything is F-ed up and it realy pisses me off.

Quick Reply: sad BUT true...