New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

RX8 turbo install pics

Old 07-08-2005, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Scott...nicely done, when are you going to post some numbers?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:37 PM

Max nice to hear from ya . So I take it Eric is having fun with his new toys ?
You will have to come up with him sometime and check out the place.

Don't be a stranger

Tommi-- We never put it on the dyno because Greddy locked the emanage and if you put in the wrong password it wipes everything. We didn't have a base map for the RX8 at the time and tuning from scratch can be very expensive. We have the base maps now and I'm sure it will be only a matter of time before I see Eric again .
Old 07-08-2005, 01:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=speedfreak,Jul 8 2005, 04:02 PM] Scott nobody calls me anymore but i got this cool new thing to counter the no calling thing. they call it the internet i have it again and a computer that has more memory and space and video than i know what to do with, just to anoy all of you people
Old 07-09-2005, 06:30 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Scott, how much did the Greddy turbo kit and blow off valve cost? Also, how does the advetised 240 at the wheels compare to the stock RX-8 according to other sources? I'm guessing it is something like a 40 or 50 hp boost?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedfreak,Jul 8 2005, 04:02 PM
Scott nobody calls me anymore but i got this cool new thing to counter the no calling thing. they call it the internet i have it again and a computer that has more memory and space and video than i know what to do with, just to anoy all of you people
did it come with a spell checker
Old 07-11-2005, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Jul 9 2005, 09:30 PM
Scott, how much did the Greddy turbo kit and blow off valve cost? Also, how does the advetised 240 at the wheels compare to the stock RX-8 according to other sources? I'm guessing it is something like a 40 or 50 hp boost?
Eric brought me the kit ,so I am not sure what he paid for it.

I never got to drive the car before the turbo . When it got here it went straight on the lift to prep it for the show . Even though I didn't do it at the show .

I drove it after though and it was impressive . It has good pull up to 6000k then starts falling off . This is due to the turbo size ( mitsu 18G turbo ) . I traffic you have to pay attention , at 20mph in second the turbo starts spooling and whats to push you into the car in front of you. But over all I was impressed with the RX8 feel and ride , I enjoyed it very much . It is very smooth ,handled very well , and is alot roomier inside . Like I said before it is not a rocket ship but it is a more liveable daily driver.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had been nosing around in one of the RX-8 forums last year. From what I read up to that point, RX-8 typically dyno
Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 AM

I've done a lot of research into the dyno issues that relate to the RX8 and a lot of things are not true. In the above case, only if the steering wheel is turned more that 40 degrees will it engage the ignition retard. Most RX8 ECU's are reflashed at every oil change with the latest fixes for these issues. The car bassically runs very rich and I'm sure that on an engine dyno it would yield the correct numbers due to the way and engine dyno works (and I'm not talking about drivetrain losses here). An engine dyno actually holds the engine at a fixed rpm and then 'loads' the engine until the RPM starts to drop - that is the power available from the engine - this yields very different results than from an inertia type dyno where you are spinning a fixed mass and the rate of revolution is recorded. It is typical to see 20hp less in inertia type runs than with fixed RPM. FYI - fixed RPM is how manufacturers tune there maps as rate of acceleration is different in every gear.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by gilbertg,Jul 11 2005, 10:26 AM
I've done a lot of research into the dyno issues that relate to the RX8 and a lot of things are not true. In the above case, only if the steering wheel is turned more that 40 degrees will it engage the ignition retard. Most RX8 ECU's are reflashed at every oil change with the latest fixes for these issues. The car bassically runs very rich and I'm sure that on an engine dyno it would yield the correct numbers due to the way and engine dyno works (and I'm not talking about drivetrain losses here). An engine dyno actually holds the engine at a fixed rpm and then 'loads' the engine until the RPM starts to drop - that is the power available from the engine - this yields very different results than from an inertia type dyno where you are spinning a fixed mass and the rate of revolution is recorded. It is typical to see 20hp less in inertia type runs than with fixed RPM. FYI - fixed RPM is how manufacturers tune there maps as rate of acceleration is different in every gear.
aaaahhhhhh ok u always amaze me u know more about the cars than the manufacturers

steve what spell check
Old 07-19-2005, 06:19 PM

Sorry for the late reply guys. The turbo cost me 3200.00 shipped. Scott and Giles I'll be down in two weeks, If you want to set something up. I don't
know how far Giles has gotten on the map so let me know. I was down there this weekend. But was busy enjoying watching red sox and yankees on my new 55'' wide screen lcd grand sony wega tv. I talked to Max and he said he'll come down with me one weekend , so we'll see.

Quick Reply: RX8 turbo install pics