New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

The potential for Super Autobacs

Old 10-25-2006, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad to see that the one in Socal has gotten better. I dont plane on having the same thing happen here. I would like employees to have the knowledge of the industry before they start working.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by s2kzorz,Oct 25 2006, 10:27 AM
I would like employees to have the knowledge of the industry before they start working.
Good luck !!

Everyone likes to think they know , but they know no more than what they have read .

I welcome it because when the public see's the prices and labor costs, they will have no problem coming to the specialty shops like Ballistic Motorsports
Old 10-25-2006, 05:06 PM

Old 10-25-2006, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Twiztid,Oct 25 2006, 03:21 PM
Good luck !!

Everyone likes to think they know , but they know no more than what they have read .

I welcome it because when the public see they prices and labor cost they will have no problem coming to the specialty shops like Ballistic Motorsports
HAHAHAH good one!!!!

having a good quality staff that knows there stuff is real hard to come by. Most of the guys have their own shop or had owned their own shop and now joined forces with a partner.

The problem with Super Autobacs is the type of customers it will attract.... Magazine readers, Wannabe JDM guys, and the staff has to be familiar with the crowd so they tend to be yesterdays customer working for you today.

i seriously doubt you will be able to get a great staff and it will never compare to the Original Super Autobacs in Japan. those guys eat, sleep, and crap cars, espeically tuning and they know what they are selling.

Here in the US it's usually guys that eat mc donalds, sleep dreaming what they saw/read at the local book store, and Crap BS they had rememeberd from the magazine.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think that's why the New England folks are lucky to have Scott and Ballistic Motorsports - He knows his stuff (although i am not too sure he craps cars )

his prices are MORE than fair - his knowlege is amazing and if you don't need something he'll be the first to tell you rather than "sell" you something you don't need -

all i can say is that we've all seen it before and if Scott's the guy who people to call to fix other so called tuners f ups (on very expensive cars / projects) then smart folks would call scott to get it done right the first time.

Nes2ko will continue to support those who support / help / maintain a relatonship / friendship with us ie Ballistic therefore i don't think we'll be able to endores autobacs or anyone else for that matter
Old 10-26-2006, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Oct 26 2006, 05:36 AM
(although i am not too sure he craps cars )
I have tried but no success .

DAMN Corporate America always trying to keep the man down GRRRRRRRRR.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:49 AM

thank you for all of your responses and imput. I understand that the perfect staff is hard to come by. When i was in japan this summer at the super autobacs in kobe i couldnt believe how nutz the staff was about cars. if only that was more common over here
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

It would have to be really upscale for it work in NE. I could see this in Long Island, NYC, or maybe even in Boston. Tuner boutiques have generally failed in Boston, but maybe this would be different.

You'd have to offer more than the part itself to warrant sales. Like Jordan's furniture has schmaltz to sell the same furniture as everyone else.

As for staff, if you have the wallet to really make a store like this, I would bring over guys from Japan to work on an H1B visa. That would also add legitamacy to your premium prices and set you apart from local Pep Boys kind of stores.

Maybe expand on the OEM thing into a total lifestyle experience kind of setting...
Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

It's an interesting business idea. I don't know if there's enough of a customer base in New England to make this kind of store successful, Cory. That said, it could be a self-fulfilling prophesy (i.e., if you build it they will come kinda' thing)...

I think Twiztid will agree with me that there are a lot of folks around who want to dork around with their cars, but have no coin.

How would you market the place? [sorry, I'm not familiar with the way the Japanese do this in their home market]
Old 10-26-2006, 05:33 PM

i wish i can take pictures of the store here in CA to show you guys how cool it actually looks. the service bay is freaking amazing!!! you can eat your lunch off the floor.

The entire shop is quality they have allot of junk items which might be junk to me but it's all JDM and the ricers love that stuff.

My only complaint is they don't have the proper staff to work the shop well, the product line is not dedicated, the service drive looks very poorly skilled, and price....

But still a cool shop to visit.

the reason why i can't take pictures of the shop is because of the big fat sign "No Pictures"

Quick Reply: The potential for Super Autobacs