New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

The potential for Super Autobacs

Old 10-24-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The potential for Super Autobacs

Hi all,

Im sure that most of us here have heard of super autobacs. If not, it is a japanese automotive company that sell performance and maintenance parts for almost every japanese import car. These stores are spread all over Japan and there is even one in SoCal see here. My goal is to bring one over here to the east coast, preferably to the mid-atlantic and tristate area. My goal is to install it in a location that is a reasonable distance from NYC, Phila, and D.C.(not forgetting about you maryland or virginia people ). Right now Im doing research to see if there is enough of an interest base on the east coast to get one over here. Please give me your imput, ideas, rants, etc. Thank you very much!

Cory
Old 10-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Is this just another big box Pepboys? or is this your local speed shop that caters to a specific population.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:02 PM

It is in no way a pepboys. It is not a local speed shop either. It is a specialty shop for japanese imports. check the link above that says "click here" for more information!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:19 PM

I've heard that this store has a large car care section. So, personally I would love to see them on the east coast. However, I'm certainly not driving to NY, PA, or DC just to go there.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by s2kzorz,Oct 24 2006, 05:02 PM
It is in no way a pepboys. It is not a local speed shop either. It is a specialty shop for japanese imports. check the link above that says "click here" for more information!
it is a pepboys just filled with over priced JDM junk like....
JDM car Wax, JDM air fresheners, JDM LED cigg lighter

And they have

Trico Wiper blades which can be found @ Pepboys your probably purchasing from a supplier of pepboys thats why you have the same brand items as pepboys...

Wiper blades, Washer fluids, Tools....

They have some of the big name items like all the racing oils you need including HKS motor oil at a freaking astronomically high priced why not buy mobil 1?

Over all i think you need to make sure that the Store here in So Cal makes money before you decide to invest and move to the east coast?

It's a nice shop some quality parts but it's so general and the prices are so freaking high it's almost impossible to buy any thing from them.

All i have to say is GOOD LUCK to the JDM Pep Boys
Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 AM

Id most defenitely check it out!!!

Good luck on getting one over here
Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 AM

Thank you for all of your replies. Some of the things Lagunas2k is true. However, the things that can be done in the pit garage is what people are going to look for too. Many of the performance and interior parts are about the same and sometimes less then what you would find in a catalog. There is truth about the overpriced racing oil and the wiper blades also being at pepboys
Old 10-25-2006, 06:14 AM

if you do open one up make the guys work ona base pay because as soon as you step foot in that place they hound you like a hawk... they want that comm check$$
Old 10-25-2006, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by LagunaS2K,Oct 25 2006, 06:14 AM
if you do open one up make the guys work ona base pay because as soon as you step foot in that place they hound you like a hawk... they want that comm check$$
It is interesting that you say that. In Japan (Woow City autobac in kobe) they dont evern talk to you unless you ask for help...which was funny cause i dont speak a word of japanese, but im learning!
Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been to the one in SoCal within the first month of its grand opening. I hear it has gotten much better since then and actually started carrying desirable JDM parts. But at the time of my visit, it was a big disappointment. The place is huge by tune shop standard. The problem was it only carried generic cheap stuff and interior fluff. The staff was friendly (motivated by commission), which was a plus, although they seem to have limited knowledge on the products on the shelves, much less applicable/available parts on specific cars. The experience can be equated to shopping for high-def TV in Wal-mart, except with friendlier service.

It

Quick Reply: The potential for Super Autobacs