New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Possibly ripped off on ebay

Old 01-27-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SHUG,Jan 27 2006, 11:52 AM
I always use my credit card for ebay purchases through paypall. I know I have a fallback if I need to dispute something. And Paypall having my CC info is no different than swiping my card in any retailer.. anyone's database could be hijacked, and Im not responsible for fraudulent use of my stolen info. The most dangerous thing you do with your credit card is hand it to a waiter in a restaurant. They vanish with your card and could record all the info before they come back and then go nuts if they wanted to take such a risk.
Good luck getting your item or cash back. Just curious what his ebay rating was?
I am not too sure about having recourse with your credit card and PayPal. I think you give up certain credit card privledges by going through PayPal.

You should not sit back on this, as you have been proactive and that's good. I'd call PayPal and tell them you'd been frauded as soon as you think any transaction is gone bad.

I hate PayPal, but nothing else better is mainstream so I am stuck...
Old 01-28-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Break & Smash Scammers -

In July 2005 I bought an autographed picture of Bobb Orr on EBay and paid a scumbag in British Columbia named Jay Bob (for real) by certified check. For weeks 2 weeks email bounced or went unanswered.

Mr. Scumbag had never sold on EBay before (that should have been a tip off) violated EBay rules about withdrawing another auction before it ended (which should have been a tip off) and had his EBay ID cancelled, and has changed his e-mail address 3 times after I sent him emails that were deliverd but never responded to. I attempted to go throught the EBay bad Seller process but since he cancelled his ID there was nothing they could do.

I finally sent a certified threatening letter to his last known address and received a response from yet another of his email addresses claiming he was just back from the hospital and recovering and would send in out that week ( Oct. 2005). It's now almost Feb. 2006 and no Bob Orr.

Thanks to this thread I now remember being screwed by Mr. Scumbag Canadian. I just placed a call to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in BC and submitted a mail fraud claim against Mr. Scumbag.

Thank you BASS detective Agency
Old 02-01-2006, 10:41 AM

I've been leaving this guy a message for two days asking for the refund

if i don't hear anything back by tomorrow - i'll explain that i'll have to report this to e-bay and i will see him over at honda tech board..
Old 02-01-2006, 10:56 AM

now claims he called ups will they will search for the tracking number via his credit card info because he can't find the tracking number -

told him that - i can buy one locally today for a bit more money and at this point i just want a refund- he stated the he will process the refund the afternoon..

I stated that IF the ecu does ever show up - i'll (erick) will either pay him or send it back to him BUT i've been more than patient

Erick - please update this thread tomorrow and tell me you got the refund
Old 02-01-2006, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got an email today from paypal saying he initiated a refund. It states that I'll receive another email once the funds have cleared his account and are available in mine. It's a few dollars less than I sent due to the ebay fees, but I'll happily chalk that up to the price of playing the game.

I still have no idea where the ECU went... maybe he sent it to some other bidder, maybe he never sent it at all, maybe UPS routed it to Australia. I'll definitely return it to sender if it ever does arrive. From what I hear, I'd need the VIN from the original vehicle to have it installed and since I never once got a response to even one of my emails, I'm not anticipating being able to get that information even if it does show up at my door.

Looks like I'll be taking that money when I get it and registering for the Nor'easter Thanks a ton Steve!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:31 PM

great news
Old 02-01-2006, 03:13 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Bass: The enforcer! More power than a locomotive..........................

Old 02-01-2006, 03:52 PM

i'll wear my suit to the party!!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:07 PM

Received 3,185 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass,Feb 1 2006, 07:52 PM
i'll wear my suit to the party!!
I don't know..............Bass + tights =
Old 02-06-2006, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Money showed up in my account a few minutes ago and I promptly redirected $125 of it to my registration for the Nor'easter (plus autocross). I can't thank you enough Steve!

Quick Reply: Possibly ripped off on ebay