New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Possibly ripped off on ebay

Old 01-27-2006, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly ripped off on ebay

Ok, here's my situation. I won an auction for an S2000 ECU on Jan 11th and sent payment via paypal on Jan 12th. Since then I've heard absolutely nothing from this seller. I've sent a few emails asking for information and have received no response. Normally I wouldn't be too concerned over this. I know people are busy and it takes time for them to get around to things at times.

The thing is... the seller bought an item during the period between my winning/paying for my auction and now; he even exchanged positive comments with the other party for this separate auction in this time. From this, I assume he has been active on ebay and for some reason or another just not been responding to me.

This morning I sent him another email asking for information on the status of my auction or to discuss the return of my funds. I also retrieved his name, location, and phone number from ebay. Am I moving to fast with all this? I'm just wondering what others here would do if in this situation. I'm holding off on calling him for fear that I'll come off as abrasive and be out my $166. Also, do I have any recourse if I never get an email response and he avoids my calls? Any advice? Thanks.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have his number??

call him up!! or i'll call him up for you - you should have nothing to fear - it's a business transaction (heck i call people all day long) - just ask for a tracking number or info on when it was shipped

how did you pay? paypal with a credit card?? if so you can always dispute the charge
Old 01-27-2006, 07:19 AM

if he is unresponsive - you can also file a claim at the local court house since you have his address -
Old 01-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'd go to "MY EBAY" and go to my dispute console. It is unusual not not receive any communication from the person.

I've have success with to non payers going this route.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by elmmx5,Jan 27 2006, 11:02 AM
I'm holding off on calling him for fear that I'll come off as abrasive and be out my $166. Also, do I have any recourse if I never get an email response and he avoids my calls? Any advice? Thanks.
The seller should be worried about YOU becoming abrasive.......or for that matter, Steve!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:28 AM

Yep... you can request information like phone number and such through ebay. The thing is, ebay says he'll also know my contact info as well if I do this. No problem there, if he wants to call me, then great.

And no... I didn't pay via credit card. I believe I did this in the past and there was a 3 day delay or so until my funds reached the other party. Another thing I'm not entirely comfortable with is having my credit card number on record with paypal. In the interest of getting my money to the seller as fast as humanly possible in order to expedite the delivery of anything I buy, I send money direct from my checking account. I only use that account for ebay transactions and move money into it as needed.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:29 AM

if you want, I'll call him for you Erick
Old 01-27-2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bass,Jan 27 2006, 11:19 AM
if he is unresponsive - you can also file a claim at the local court house since you have his address -
Well I don't have his exact address although it may be possible to get it other ways. I have his name, town, state, and phone number.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:36 AM
Community Organizer

Utilizing a credit card is still the best way to pay for anything. You can always dispute the purchase and you have natural fraud protection build into the cardholder agreement.

In any event....did you try just putting the phone number into google?
Old 01-27-2006, 07:47 AM

all set

Quick Reply: Possibly ripped off on ebay