New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Parking next to me, why?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I have to admit that I gave up on caring about this. I feel I'm better off finding a space that already has nice cars on either side and parking there. My theory is that people with nice cars will be careful not to hit my doors when they leave. Then I have to hope that if something takes their space before I get back it is equally nice.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people at my work garage park so close to me sometimes that I can't even get into my car on the drivers side. It takes everything in me not to do some serious damage to their cars.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:46 AM

I'm very attached to my "beater" It is irreplaceable to me, having had it since new. It's worth far more to me than an insurance company would pay out for it...

I always park as far as possible from other people. There were 8 parking places between me and the closet car at the grocery store today
Old 02-19-2008, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Feb 19 2008, 03:07 PM
I just wish people would park IN THEIR OWN SPACES and STAY IN THEIR LINES!
It's not my fault Lainey, back off, cut me some slack. It's a conspiracy from the greedy parking lot magistrate to reduce space sizes to a point where my vehicle no longer fits.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 PM

I hate to be the one thats going to get picked on but I get to park in the handicap spaces and don't have to worry about getting dinged.
Boy do I get looks tho. I don't have my pass hanging on the rearview mirror till i park so this one time someone stopped in front of my car and watched me park and then they gave me a dirty look and i just stared at him while i put my pass up and he just drove away pissed off.
they see a nice yellow sports car and think i'm just an ass parking there and then the pass goes up and they just walk away.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

LOL I would have kept staring at him and not put my pass up just to see what he would have done. Obviously once the fun is over pass goes up.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:56 PM

I always park as close to the door as I can as long as the spot is big enough. I have yet to receive even a small scratch and I think this is because the car doesn't have pompus asshole written on it when it is parked with everyone else. My theory is that people don't give it a second look when it is normally parked. Out int he open where the person obviously doesn't want to be near "lesser" vehicles will always draw an asshole or two. Seriously, at any given time you can find much nicer/expensive vehicles parked near the doors. Why is an S any better?

I always look at the car that is far away and sideways and think to myself that if I were any more of an asshole than I already am, I would go over there and park 2" from it myself. I think parking far away is not bad if you care that much, but when people take up three spots because they think their car is worth more than everyone else's it irks the hell out of me and screams "ding me".

BTW, this isn't aimed at you zipy, it was what I was thinking as soon as I read the first post.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Jeff has a good point. I will park next to another "expensive" car that is obviously well cared for. I just steer clear of minivans and SUVs as a general rule - my apologies to everyone I have offended with that remark
Old 02-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Agreed, parking far away in 1-spot is dramatically different that parking far away in 2 or 3-spots.

Oh, and I park the Titan far away and take up 2-spots, but it's not my fault, The Big Red Beast is longer than the parking spots!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Feb 19 2008, 05:02 PM
Agreed, parking far away in 1-spot is dramatically different that parking far away in 2 or 3-spots.

Oh, and I park the Titan far away and take up 2-spots, but it's not my fault, The Big Red Beast is longer than the parking spots!
I can certainly attest tot he difficulty of parking a Titan

Quick Reply: Parking next to me, why?