New England S2000 Owners New England S2000 Owners

Parking next to me, why?

Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Parking next to me, why?

Don't mean to but I just can never understand why people NEED TO bunch up in open parking lots.

I go and get a haircut @ the mall and there are 2 major parking lot sections and one small one far away, completely empty on the side of the mall with 2 cars and 40 open spaces. I drive in the middle of it completely alone and park in a spot. I don't mind walking, rather do that then have dings and scratches.

Come back out and there is some beat up 4 door box on wheels next to me. I look around like WTF? lol Is there some sort of natural instinct for people to bunch up and crowd together or it's a "Oh ill park next to him because he clearly didn't want any one there." a-hole factor.

Turns out to be a lady who was grilling me down when I was checking psg side for dings. AND TRUST ME GUYs, she DID NOT look like a person who enjoyed going for stralls or exercising. LMAO
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate that too. Always park in the back corners and get right up tight with the curb. Then when people park on the line next to you, they can still swing their door 100% without a ding.

This is why I don't take my S anywhere except joy rides.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,677 Posts

usually those small lots are employee parking and they go in through a back door...
Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Nah thats BEHIND the mall. My friend owns the shop there. This was on the side, it's parking for Sears but no one parks there because of the walk. Plus that lady was coming back with goods.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See my signature.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally hear ya!

I'm as anal about the Titan as I am about the S, and in the case of the Titan the thing is so big and parking spaces have gotten so small it is a problem. I pulled into the grocery store a week ago, parked out in the middle of nowhere. Was about ready to get out and this POS jeep coverd from head to toe with chunks of mud pulled right up next to me, so close my tow mirror was about 2" away from the Jeep.

I immediatly started up the Titan to move away, the guy looked over at me and started to open his door, which to get out he would have had to hit me. I just stood on the gas while still in Park, the music from the Magniflow stoped him in his tracks so I was able to slowly back away.

I totally 100% vote for the a-hole factor as a reason.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with peeps parking too damm close!!! Im one of those that parks 3 miles away alone sideways straddling 3 spaces at that and it never fails some person will park right near me. I employ my own personal dent removal guy seems like 3 times a year i get the dent wizard guy pullin dings out of my car. On the plus side he does a great job! Once i fell in the garage with a floor jack in my hand and yes i hit the car with the jack right in the passenger side door I thought it was going to be a $$$ fix well my dent guy comes over looks at it laughs at me and proceeds to fix it in all of 5 minutes cost me $40.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzziippyyy,Feb 19 2008, 02:32 PM
Once i fell in the garage with a floor jack in my hand and yes i hit the car with the jack right in the passenger side door
I would have sat right down and cried...
Old 02-19-2008, 11:07 AM

Received 3,214 Likes on 1,862 Posts

In the S, we "select" our parking spaces carefully. We too have employed a ding guy, three times since 2004.

In the Jeep, not so particular. I just wish people would park IN THEIR OWN SPACES and STAY IN THEIR LINES!

I took the grandkids to the mall. When I came out, there was a BOAT parked next to me, of course the car was parked so close to mine, at an odd angle no less, that I could barely open the doors to get in, never mind strap in a squirming 18 month old into a car seat.

The woman showed up while I was dealing with kids, car seats and a baby carriage. I lost count of how many attempts it took her to exit that space. She was at an angle, then tried to back out at an opposite one.

Some people need to drive smaller cars.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,021 Likes on 2,677 Posts

having a car 'collection' which doesn't really include a beater.
we've gotten into the habit of parking out yonder.
a few years back my kid informed he was never going to buy a nice car just so he could park near a store and not have to walk..
he must take it from his mother's side of the family.

Quick Reply: Parking next to me, why?